Monday, May 4, 2009

We are back

We are back from our wonderful week abroad.  This is going to be a pretty boring post because I am really tired today.  I am really busy getting stuff done for the Woman's Place Gala this Friday and I haven't been able to sleep because I am worrying about everything I need to do.  

I downloaded all my pictures this morning and they are pretty amazing.  I need to go through them all to figure out which ones to post.  

We had an amazing time visiting family in the Netherlands and eating, drinking wine and walking through Paris and Rome.  We loved every place we went and will have to go back soon. 

Dave and I only got on each others nerves one time.  We took an overnight train from Paris to Rome.  The train was disgusting.  There was only one bathroom per car and we had to ask them to put toilet paper in the bathrooms twice.  I can't believe on an overnight train they wouldn't have toilet paper.  We walked all day long in Paris (approximately 9 miles), then we got on our overnight train.  We brought sandwiches along with us for dinner, but they were not good at all.  Dave bought a salad on the train that was just lettuce and shaved carrots.  Not good either.  We were supposed to be in Rome by 10 am, but for some reason in the middle of the night the train stopped continuously.  At one point we were stopped for about 2 hours.  It was hot and gross in the middle of the night.  Anyway, we didn't get to Rome until about 2 pm.  We hadn't eaten anything big since the day before at lunch.  We were so hungry, dirty and smelly when we got to Rome.  By the time we checked in Dave and I wanted to kill each other.  We were so hungry that we were dizzy.  Finally around 3:30 or 4 we got a late lunch, with a liter of wine and we were fine.  

I will post more stories later, but I think Samuel just woke up from his nap.  

3 comments:

megan said...

WELCOME BACK!!!! So glad to hear you had a great trip! I can't wait to hear all abot it. :) :)

markandandrea said...

Glad you're back! Let me know if you need help watching Samuel while you re-adjust to everything at home. Taylor and I would be more than happy to stop by.

Sylvia said...

Sounds similar to (but hopefully not as bad as) our infamous China train ride!