Thursday, May 7, 2009

One more day

Tomorrow is the Woman's Place Gala. I have been working my ass off getting stuff done. I am not a late night person and this week, I have been staying up really late organizing table assignments, making guests lists, figuring out all the logistics for check-in, the auction and check-out. This is really a lot of work. I am not sure if event planner is something I would like to do in the future (Megan, I totally have more respect for you and all your party planning!)

Once Friday is over it is going to be total relief. Samuel has been great playing on his own and sleeping in. Yesterday he slept until 8:20. Then we ran errands all morning. He skipped his morning nap, but then took one in the afternoon for about 3 hours. It was amazing.

Tonight I have to put labels on all the programs and write numbers on all the programs for the oral auction. It is probably going to be a long night tonight too. Luckily my Dad is coming in town tomorrow, so he is going to watch Samuel all day so I can get stuff done. Then he is going to watch him Friday night.

Saturday, Laura is graduating with her Master's in Education from Webster University. So we will be heading to her graduation. Yeah Laura! Then food and relaxation the rest of the day.

Sunday is Mother's Day!!!! I know we are going to Schlafly Bottleworks for brunch on Sunday. They have an awesome brunch. We are going around 11 if anyone else wants to join us.

I am going to become one with my spreadsheet now. I am going to try to get some work done before Samuel wakes up this morning.

1 comment:

megan said...

ha! so that's what a girl's gotta do to get a little respect. :)

Good luck tomorrow! I'm sure it's going to be an amazing event! I wish I could go. :) Try to get some sleep!!!