Thursday, May 14, 2009

Last night we had some serious storms roll through St. Louis.  The thunder was so loud.  It woke me up and made me jump a few times.  I was certain that it would wake Samuel up, but I am beginning to think he has his daddy's sleep genes.  The boys slept right through the loud thundering.  

So, I have not been sleeping through the night in, well, 14 and a half months.  Now that Samuel is sleeping consistently through the night, I am really getting frustrated that I wake up at least 3 to 4 times in the middle of the night.  I talked to my doctor about what to do about my sleep issues and she suggested relaxation breathing, not having the TV on in the room and taking Benadryl two nights in a row to see if that helped.  I haven't done any of those yet.  I am thinking I should try a bottle of wine, ear plugs and a sleep mask.  Sounds so much nicer to me.  
I am trying a new recipe tonight.  It is chicken with saffron rice.  It will take about an hour and half to make, probably longer with the prep time.  The picture looks really good and it seems pretty healthy too.  I'll let you all know how it turns out.  I have been in the mood to cook and bake this week.  I made cookies last night and went shopping today for lots of food for the weekend.  

I am off to chop onions for the dinner meal.  

1 comment:

megan said...

ugh, that sucks about the sleep!!! I'm with you, wine sounds better. :) I have heard that not watching tv right before bed can help.

Good luck with the rice! Sounds delish!