Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sick and more sick

This past week and weekend were not the most fun. Samuel ended up getting sicker after I took him to the doctor on Thursday. Luckily when we went he was prescribed flu medication, just as a precaution, but also because I am pregnant and his doctor didn't want him to get me sick if he developed the flu. The worst part of Samuel being sick is that he coughed a lot. He coughed so much on Friday and Saturday that he couldn't even nap. Those were not fun days. Dave was fighting off a cold as well and then on Saturday I started to feel like I was getting sick. All of us are feeling better, but not 100%. I don't think any of us are contagious. I think we all are fighting off a little cold.

This weather sucks big time. I cant' stand all this rain. It has been about 3 weeks of wet, dark and cold weather and I am hating it. I have been so cranky. We were at Whole Foods this weekend and I needed to get more prenatal vitamins. In the isle they had all these teas for pregnant or breastfeeding moms. There was one that was Calm Mommy Tea. Dave spotted it first and insisted that we get it so he won't want to kill me anymore. The tea is actually really good. I am drinking it, enjoying it and calming down. Everyone is happy.

I haven't talked about Samuel peeing in the potty lately, but this last week and weekend he has been going crazy. It is so strange, but he usually pees on the potty every Tuesday. But last week he peed twice on Thursday and I am pretty sure he tried every day this weekend. He even went last night. His MO is to take all of his clothes off and yell "Mama" and then we run upstairs and sit on the potty. I have no idea why he thinks he has to take all of his clothes off to pee, but whatever. Last night we tried to record him going because he as you know I always start screaming and doing a potty dance after he goes. Well now he looks in the potty, starts screaming and doing his own little potty dance. It is really hilarious. The problem is, when I pull out the video camera he wants to look at what I am recording and doesn't cooperate. We will keep trying though.

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. They say I am 25 weeks now. I think I am 24 weeks and a few days. I have gained 17 pounds. I am measuring exactly on schedule and everything looks and sounds great. The baby was going nuts yesterday because I ate an apple on my way to the doctor. They could barely get its heart rate because it was kicking and going crazy. Finally they got it and it was 160 bpm. They said this wasn't a good indication of its resting heartbeat because it was so active, but I am totally confused now if I am having a boy or a girl. I have been convinced it is a boy, but girls heartbeats are typically higher. Samuel never had a heartbeat over 150. Who knows. I have another appointment in 3 weeks, so we will see what the heartbeat is at that time. I am going to take some pictures of my growing belly soon.

I am going to drink some tea and relax a bit before Samuel gets up.

2 comments:

megan said...

I'm sorry to hear everyone was so sick! Yuck. And I totally hear you on the weather. I swear I have SAD. Thank goodness the freaking sun came back out yesterday.

Can't wait to see a potty dance video someday. :) And exciting about the baby! Glad to hear the appt went well. :) :)

Nicki said...

I feel ya! I was sick last week with pneumonia...FUN! Hope you feel better soon!