Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A night to forget

We didn't have the greatest night of sleep last night. I don't know what Samuel's deal was, but he screamed for a good two hours. They said he really wouldn't take a nap yesterday at Mother's Day out. He was really talkative and loud, so they had to distract him while the other kids slept. They finally got him to go to sleep at 1 and he slept until 2. He was in a pretty good mood yesterday afternoon and then was not happy to go to sleep last night.

I am not really sure when he started to scream last night, but I went in to his room and rocked him. He was sound asleep and then as soon as I put him back down he started screaming again. After two or three attempts to rock him back to sleep, which didn't work, I decided to lay down with him in the spare bed. I was so tired, I couldn't just keep sitting in the rocking chair. Plus it wasn't very comfortable with him laying on my belly. Anyway, we lay down in bed and he has to be as close to me as possible. I thought he had fallen asleep and I think I finally fell asleep too, but then I woke up to Samuel putting his fingers up my nose again. I don't know what his deal is, but he always puts his fingers in my nose and ears when we lay down together. I was not in the mood at all to deal with his lack of sleep, so I put him back in his bed.

He started screaming again. I was done. I went into our room and told Dave it was his turn. After a few minutes more of screaming, Dave went into Samuel's room and rocked him. It took several minutes for Samuel to stop screaming when Dave was in there. I think he knows when the reinforcements, i.e Dad comes in the room he isn't going to get away with staying awake. He finally went to bed, I think around 1:30 or 2. It was terrible.

I am so tired today. I am cranky and irritated. If anyone is in the mood to get yelled at, give me a call. I will be happy to unleash my crankiness on you.

On a happy note, I cleaned out the entire refrigerator this morning. It looks pretty good. I need to wipe down a few more shelves, but it looks pretty nice. I am not sure what we are going to do today, but I just hope I don't kill Samuel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

KEEP THESE POST COMING... I STILL HAVE A SMILE ON MY FACE. MAYBE SAMUEL IS GETTING SOME MOLARS...THOSE DARN TEETH CAN CAUSE SUCH PROBLEMS... HOPE YOU HAVE A BETTER DAY. AMIE

megan said...

that post was hilarious. :) I hope you're feeling better now! Watch out for fingers in the nose. :)

Flower Girl said...

well, at least i know i´m not alone. you never know if you´re going to get a good sleep out of ´em or a bad one.
spain is good. i feel soooo far from anything recognizable to my life, so it´s nice to catch up on your blog - it´s like a little piece of home. miss you!