Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Some Firsts

Yesterday when I dropped Samuel off at Mother's Day Out, I was in completely awe of how big and mature he is getting. He carried his lunch box into the room, handed it to one of the teachers, gave me a little kiss and took off to play with the kids. When I left he was sitting at one of the big tables playing with some toys. I wanted to cry just looking at him. I can't believe how big he has gotten.

When I picked him up, he was in a great mood and was waving to everyone and I mean everyone. It took us forever to get to the car because he had to stop and wave at every parent coming in to get their kids and he waved at the cars driving by. It was pretty entertaining.

He wasn't in a terrible mood last night, we could just tell he was really tired. At about 6:15, out of no where, he started taking off all of his clothes. First his shirt, then his pants, then his diaper. Right in the middle of the living room. Then he did the sign for bath and took off running upstairs. Dave and I looked at each other like I guess this means we have to give him a bath. So we went upstairs gave him a bath and then he wanted his pajama's on. He played for a while downstairs and then settled in next to me on the couch like we do every night. I started rubbing his head and all of the sudden I looked down and he was fast asleep. He was out cold by 7:15. Dave took him upstairs and when I checked on him before we went to bed, he hadn't moved at all, which is not normal.

It is almost 7:30 and he is still asleep.

He has never taken his clothes off by himself and insisted a bath and he hasn't fallen asleep with me on the couch since he was a little bitty baby. I loved it.

Now, I am going to eat some breakfast and relax until he wakes up.

3 comments:

megan said...

awww, so sweet!! I need to get out there and see him again before he turns into a teenager. :)

Nicki said...

It is amazing how tired they can get. Just the other day, Brody took his diaper off for the first time and brought it to me. I was hoping it was not going to start something!

Hope you are doing well!

Flower Girl said...

your posts never cease to crack me up.
glad he's having so much fun!!
can't wait to see you!