Monday, October 5, 2009

My parents were in town for the weekend and we were pretty busy. My mom and I went shopping, we went for a long walk, we went to the St. Louis Wine Tasting Festival (or something like that, in Forest Park) with Jonathan and Laura and we cleaned the house for our open house this past Sunday.

I am trying to figure out dinner for the week, so I can run to the grocery store while Samuel is at Mother's Day out, but I am just not in the cooking mood lately. If anyone has good ideas of quick easy and simple meals, let me know.

I did make homemade Buffalo Chicken Wings, this weekend because Dave had been craving them.

Here is the recipe:

20 chicken wings (or legs or both)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup red pepper sauce
3/4 cup tomato sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Sounds spicy and smells spicy, but it really isn't. Just a little heat at the end.

1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Bake wings in preheated oven for 30 minutes
3. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
4. Cover winds with sauce. Shake off excess. Cook in oven 250 for another 15 minutes.

I would suggest broiling the wings for a little bit at the end too, so they turn out a little crispy.
Okay, I am going to go look at recipes online to figure out what to make for dinner.

Here are just a few pictures of Samuel with Savta and Papa.


2 comments:

mom said...

We had a wonderful time thanks for a fantastic weekend. We enjoyed Samuel so much. Happy 19th month birthday Samuel!

Love you, Mom

megan said...

Wow, that sounds like a fun weekend! And I can't believe how big Samuel is getting! So cute. :)