Thursday, October 15, 2009

Celebration and new words

Yesterday Samuel was a holy terror. I am so tired in the morning and I just didn't feel like getting out of the house, so I figured we could just play around at home. That was a terrible idea on my part. We can't stay at home. Samuel was into everything. I wanted to kill him. He is also becoming increasingly more difficult to change his diaper. He doesn't want it on, he doesn't want it changed, he would rather sit around in a pee and pooped filled diaper then have it changed. It is gross. I want to put him in a straight jacket and strap him to the changing table. Again I want to hurt him.

I put him to bed early yesterday for a nap because he was on the verge of not seeing his father on his birthday. He took a terrible nap, but woke up in a great mood. We had a great rest of the day.

Then last night after dinner, we got out Dave's birthday cake and Samuel started saying "cake! cake!" He was so excited and we have never heard him say cake before so that was cool. Then we thought about the food words that he actually knows and they are pizza, cake, cheese, fish (for goldfish) and I can't think of anymore right now, but I don't know if it is a good thing that he only knows names for foods that aren't the healthiest. Oh well.

Samuel is starting to pick up a lot more words lately. He just randomly spills them out. I really need to watch my language around him because I know he is listening to everything that I say. For instance, when I spilled that entire bag of coffee beans everywhere, I started yelling "Fuck Fuck Fuck", then I turned around and Samuel was staring at me with a very interesting look on his face, like he was thinking "very interesting, I am going to have to put that new word to use soon.". I am also very bad in the car when there are terrible drivers, so I am sure he has picked up a few creative words.

So last night, we were sitting on the couch. He is completely obsessed with my belly. He rubs it, kisses it, puts his head on my tummy. He signs baby constantly and then kisses my belly. I don't think he really knows what is going on, but it is pretty cute. So last night, Dave and I asked him if he was going to have a brother or a sister. We didn't expect any response, but he said "siser". Pretty crazy. We have never asked him or talked to him about a brother or sister, so it was pretty cute. I still think I am having another boy, but maybe Samuel will be right.

On the pregnancy front, I am still feeling pretty good. I am getting huge, not just my stomach, but my boobs have quadrupled in size. I mean they are just gigantic. At least it makes the rest of my body not look at big because my boobs block out everyones view of the rest of my body.

Dinner tonight: Pesto Chicken Sandwiches with Mozzarella Cheese and sliced tomatoes. Yum! Oh and dinner was delicious last night.

Some pictures:


Samuel is obsessed with wearing hats lately:



Last night when I gave Samuel his piece of birthday cake, he was so excited. If you enlarge this picture you will see how happy he was:


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that hat picture.... he looks just like David!

Anonymous said...

OMG, SARAH...YOU CRACK ME UP. I SO LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR POSTS. TOO FUNNY. I SWEAR TOO, AND ONE TIME I WAS MAD AS A HORNET AT JOHN AND WAS SCREAMING F-IT, F-IT,F-IT, AND MY PARROT ISABEL REPEATED IT VERBATEM. JOHN IS THE BAD ONE SWEARING IN THE CAR SO BOTH OF US ARE TO BLAME. TOO CUTE PIC'S AND DAVE JUST TOLD ME SAMUEL JUST SIGNED "ALL DONE" TO GET HIS COOKIES, PRETTY SMART COOKIE, I MUST SAY. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, AND KEEP UP THOSE CRAPPY DAY POSTS, I CAN TELL THAT I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS YOU SHOULD BE A COMEDIAN AND NOT A LAWYER!!!!AMIE

megan said...

your entire post made me laugh. :) I love the pics! I cannot believe how big Samuel is. So adorable!

markandandrea said...

I was having the EXACT same diaper problem with Taylor when we were traveling. Twice I managed to change the diaper, the third time I just let her wear it longer. Thankfully they were just filled with pee. She finally let me change the last one later without any fuss. Soo strange.