Saturday, August 1, 2009

Early Saturday

I have been up since 6 am and it is a Saturday.  I would have loved to sleep in, but I was wide awake at about 5:30.  Samuel started to stir and I wanted a little time to myself this morning, so I got out of bed.  It is not almost 7 and Samuel is still asleep.  It has been a nice hour.  Dave left around 6:20 to go golf.  Hopefully he will be home at a reasonable hour today.  

Well, the last time I posted Samuel was not sleeping well and I thought he was coming down with a cold.  I took him to the doctor on Wednesday and the doctor said everything looked fine.  She thought that he was probably just having teething issues.  He now has all his teeth, except for the 2 year molars.  I can't believe he has a mouth full of teeth.  Anyway, so I thought that Samuel was getting sick, but apparently it was me that was getting sick.  I have had a head cold since Wednesday afternoon.  I am blowing my nose so much that it is completely chapped now.  I honestly do not know how I can produce so much snot.  It is disgusting.  Not only is my nose running, but my throat was killing me.  It stopped hurting this morning actually.  I have been drinking tons of tea and trying to relax.

Although, I have been feeling terrible, I went to Kansas City on Thursday morning.  I haven't seen my grandparents in a while and they really wanted to see Samuel.  We made the drive and it wasn't that bad except for the fact that I wanted to die and I used up an entire box of Kleenex on the drive.  We had a really nice time.  We came back yesterday, so it was a really short trip.  

Dave took the day off yesterday.  He was planning to sleep in and relax a little bit since Samuel and I weren't home.  George woke him up at 8, so he didn't really get to sleep in.  Then since he knew I wasn't feeling well he did the laundry, vacuumed the entire house, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the family room ceiling fan and cleaned out his two closets.  The house looked great when I got home and it was such a relief to not have to do anything.  I am lucky, Dave really is wonderful.  

I think once Samuel gets up we are probably going to run some errands.  

Tonight we are having breakfast for dinner.  Yum Yum!!


2 comments:

megan said...

UGH, sorry you're feeling sick! I had a cold this week too. My dr recommended Mucinex D and I have to say I feel MUCH better now. I have the chapped nose too. :)

That's nice you got to see the grandparents! I'm impressed you went while sick.

Hope you had a great weekend!

Flower Girl said...

i just got over a really snotty cold too -- as did the rest of the family. i got everyone sick with it.
glad you had a good visit with the g-p's, and 3 cheers for dave!!