Monday, August 10, 2009

Busy weekend and my birthday week

We were really busy this weekend.  Today painters are coming over to paint the inside of our house.  We are preparing to put our house on the market, so we have lots of organizing and things to fix before that happens.  The thing is, we are planning to put the house on the market in the next couple of weeks, so there is so much to do.  Dave and I have both cleaned out our closets and we are working on getting rid of lots of other junk.  This coming Saturday a POD is coming so we can store as much of our stuff as possible.  

On Saturday we met Jonathan and Laura at Pi for lunch.  It was really really good.  I think I liked the thin crust pizza better then the deep dish, but they both settled really well.  This is the first pizza I have been able to eat while pregnant and not get sick.  That is a really good sign.  Then we went to Fro Yo for dessert.  Oh my goodness, it was delicious.  It was all self serve fro yo with every topping imaginable.  You just fill up your bowl and then pay per ounce.  Samuel shared so much of all our fro yo that he was so hipped up that he couldn't even nap in the afternoon.  

Then Saturday night, Dave and I went to see GI Joe.  Dave has been anxiously awaiting this movie coming out.  I have to admit, I wasn't expecting much and I really wasn't interested in seeing it, but it was no bad at all.  It was actually enjoyable.  The main male characters eyes were a little small for his head and a little too close together which was annoying to look at, but other then that it wasn't bad.  

Yesterday, we did more organizing and cleaning and Dave washed his car (Samuel helped by sticking his hand on the soap bucket, but loved getting rinsed off with the hose).  Samuel had his first Popsicle.  He loved it and even held it correctly by the little stick.  

Samuel is regularly saying "please" and yesterday he said "LaLa"  for his Aunt Laura.  He still can't say Jonathan.  I think that will take some time.  

Lastly, this is my birthday week.  My birthday is on Saturday.  My parents are coming in on Thursday.  We are going out to dinner on Thursday night with them and Jonathan and Laura.  Friday night Dave and I are going out to dinner and spending the night out.  Saturday we are packing up the POD all day and then heading to dinner again.  I am going to be eating a ton this weekend and I look forward to it.  

Here are some pictures from this past week and yesterday.

When I ask Samuel to "show me your teeth", this is what I get:



Here he is hanging out with Jonathan:


And here he is hanging out with Taylor, they were more interested in talking on their phones:

3 comments:

megan said...

Wow, big week! That's great you guys decided to take the plunge and sell. Good luck!!!

Love the pics of Samuel and the teeth. :)

Unknown said...

happy birthday! my panda fanatic roommate got a Morn Creations bag as birthday gift.
she is just thrilled with it!
hkpanda.freetzi.com

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah,
I'm so glad we found you on Facebook ! And I looooooove your blog. It's like you are here next to me and telling your story. Amazing. And Samuel is so cute !!
Hope your pregnancy is going well. Give our love to Dave.
Big hug and kisses from Belgium (Anniek)