Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Drum Roll Please

Dave and I have some news:



Yes, it is what you think it is...an ultrasound.  We are having another baby.  I am 12 weeks and 3 days.  The baby is due February 10th.  Only six months from now (holy shit!).  Yesterday at the doctors appointment the baby was extremely active.  It stretched out its legs and arms.  We saw the arms, hands, legs, feet, head, face, spine, brain and of course its very strong beating heart.  It was such a relief.  I can't get over being extremely nervous before an ultrasound because I always fear the news of miscarriage, due to our very first experience.  It was such a relief and seeing that moving baby is truly a miracle.  

Not only in the last three months have I been terrible about posting because we have been busy and I was completely obsessive over the Twilight saga, I also had terrible morning, afternoon and night sickness.  I have been nauseous non-stop.  I have been feeling extremely sick and I have been getting terrible headaches. I have wanted to post so badly about how I felt, so I could get some sympathy, but I also wanted to hold out until the first trimester was over.  I will be sure to include you all in the lovely details of my pregnancy from now on.  Hopefully since I am entering my second trimester, I will start feeling better.  

At my doctors appointment yesterday, they told me in a very nice way that I better not gain as much weight as I did with Samuel.  As I reminder I gained 48 pounds.  I was huge and felt like shit.  I think I am doing pretty well so far because I have only gained 3 pounds (and that actually fluctuates, because yesterday morning I had only gained 1 pound).  We will see.  I am not nearly as hungry and crazy for food as I was when I was pregnant with Samuel.  

Speaking of Samuel, this was his reaction when we told him the news:


Pretty funny huh.  Actually he was just throwing a huge fit one day and I thought it was hilarious, so I took pictures of him throwing himself around the house and on the couch.  The series of pictures are quite funny, but I thought this one was perfect.  

Here are some other pictures of him relaxing on the couch in the evening.  Luckily just like his parents, he is lazy at night after dinner.  



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, CONGRATS!!! I'VE BEEN ASKING DAVE WHEN YOU WERE GOING TO GET STARTED. HE HAS BEEN AS QUIET AS A MOUSE. HANG ON, 2 IS 10 TIMES THE WORK... HOPE YOU START FEELING BETTER SOON.

Anonymous said...

Sarah, Congrats!!!! I just knew something was up and kind of guessed you might be feeling crummy or just didn't want to spill the beans. I am so happy for you guys. Also very happy to hear and see that everything looks perfect with #2. Huge relief to you both. I'll email soon!!
-Steph

Nicki said...

Wow...that is awesome news! I am so happy for you and Dave! Looks like our first two are two weeks apart and these will be less than 2 months apart! I am so glad to hear everything is great!

megan said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! SO happy for you guys!! So glad to hear the ultrasound went well. :) I love that pic of Samuel "after he heard the news." So cute.

Hope you're feeling better ASAP!

Sylvia said...

What a wonderful thing to see when I opened your blog! Congrats and I will give you a call this weekend.

Laura and Jonathan said...

Uncle Jonathan and I are so excited to meet our new niece or nephew!!! Love you guys!