Monday, August 24, 2009

Busy Weekend

We were hoping for a relaxing weekend, but it turned out to be jam packed.  On Saturday morning, we all got up and decided to go for a walk because it was absolutely gorgeous.  After our long walk, we decided to run some errands to get stuff to clean our house and do the little things our real estate agent asked us to do.  Then we headed to Whole Foods to get groceries and some lunch.  

Side note:  Samuel is starting to recognize and say many things and is making a few animal sounds all the time, like a pig and gorilla.  First we walked around the produce isles and he caught a glimpse of the cheese area and started saying "Cheese, Cheese".  We had to quickly get past that area because he was leaning out of the cart trying to grab at whatever cheese he could get his hands one.  Then we were heading to the cereal isle, they had a huge display of on sale cereals at the end and all of the sudden Samuel started making his gorilla noises.  I couldn't figure out why he was making the noises and I looked over and there was a huge display of Gorilla Munch.  It was hilarious.  So we grabbed him a box.  Why not?!

Okay, back to the day.  We were heading home to eat our lunch around 12:15 and we got a call from our real estate company and someone wanted to see our house at 2.  Dave and I totally freaked out.  It was almost time for Samuel's afternoon nap and we needed to do some serious cleaning of the house.  Luckily Jonathan and Laura were home and came over to get Samuel, so he could go to their house for a nap and to play around.  Dave and I clean the house as fast as we could and then ran out of the house. 

Oh by the way, here is our house listing.

So that was Saturday and we were looking forward to relaxing on Sunday.  Well, at 7:30 in the morning on Sunday we were up eating breakfast and Dave checked our listing online and noticed that they had posted that we were having an open house on Sunday.  We aren't supposed to have one until next Sunday, the 30th.  Dave called our real estate agent and she said that the tech people must have accidentally put in the info for this Sunday instead of the 30th.  

So, from 12-2, we hung out at our house hoping that no one would show up.  Our real estate agent came over around 12:30 to give us some packets of info on our house and she hung out a little bit just in case someone stopped by.  Luckily she was there because someone did come by.  We weren't going to let anyone in (because our house still was spotless), but these people were from out of town, so we let them look at the house.  

It was crazy.  At least a few people have seen the house, but oh my goodness.  It wasn't a relaxing weekend like we hoped.  Oh well.  

Thank goodness it is Monday!

4 comments:

megan said...

that sounds hectic! I hate to break it to you, but it's going to be like that until you sell. I sometimes got calls an hour before they wanted to show my house. You can always say no, but what if that person was your buyer? (I actually almost turned down my eventual buyers because I was sick of it but I just had a "feeling.") I highly recommend keeping the house as clean as possible all the time - you never know when they're going to want to show it. it sucks. the house looks great in the pics though! it's so freaking clean it's almost barren! how come you don't have any shots of the master bedroom? It's so big, I would have thought they'd show it off. I like the new deck too! Looks great!

have a great week!

Anonymous said...

The house looks great, and like it's for sale. Don't you love the no personality look? I don't envy you at all right now. Made it easier to move though, because after so many people go through it doesn't even really feel like your house anymore. I remember getting calls all the time when Rowan was still taking two naps a day or when we were sitting down for lunch. It sucks! I agree with Megan, it is easier to keep it spotless all the time. We closed doors so that most rooms would be ready in a second. I also made a quick list of what I needed to do in order to get out the door fast for a showing so I didn't even have to think as I grabbed Rowan. Hope someone buys soon so it can all be over for you!
-Steph

megan said...

Yes - Steph made a great point - keep as many rooms closed off as you can, so you don't have to clean them! I did that too. I was the master of making it look clean quickly, even though there was dog hair everywhere. :) I kept a sheet on the couch and would just whip it off and shove it in the washing machine (or a closet!) when I had to show it. I'd shove the dogs in the backyard for 10 minutes and do my routine and then we'd be out the door! Having Samuel makes it a lot harder though.

Sylvia said...

I can't believe you have a house so clean with an almost 15 month old. Kudos to you!