Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tired

I am really tired today.  I know Dave is too.  We were sleeping so nicely and I don't think either one of us wanted to get out of bed this morning.  I have been dragging all day.  I am trying to get some stuff done around the house.  the painters finished everything this morning.  The house looks great.  I can't believe we didn't do the painting earlier.  It really makes the house look so much nicer.  I would take pictures, but the pictures wouldn't do justice, you would just have to see it in person.  It just looks so clean and fresh.  I am going to have to touch up the floor boards a little bit, because they have been scuffed up for a while and the walls look so good, I don't want the floor boards to stick out.

I am trying out a new homemade tomato soup recipe.  It is a Barefoot Contessa recipe and all of her stuff always looks so good, so I am trying it out tonight.  I will let you know if it is good.  Along with the soup, I am going to make grilled cheese sandwiches.  I bought all this really good cheese and fresh multi-grain wheat bread, so I am going to try to make a gourmet style grilled cheese.  Yummy!  I also bought a small fruit tart for dessert.  

I think I may have to start wearing some maternity clothes soon.  I can still fit into all my clothes, but I think I want to start getting comfy.  My pants are a tiny bit tight in the belly, but not too bad.  I still haven't gained much weight and I am almost 14 weeks.  I guess the lack of sweets has really helped.  

I was craving hot chocolate this afternoon.  So I made the real deal with milk and hot cocoa and marshmallows.  It smelled so good and the first two sips were delicious.  Then I just felt sick.  I didn't even try to drink more, so I poured it out.  This is so depressing.  I am wanting desserts and sweet things, but they are just not settling well.  This baby likes healthy foods.  I can't complain, I know this is much better for me then all the junk food I inhaled when I was pregnant with Samuel.  

Lastly, my cell phone is completely F*#$ed up.  This is the 3rd phone that is just terrible.  I have a Sprint Palm Centro or something like it.  It is horrible.  Don't even think about getting it.  Yesterday, I couldn't even answer my phone for the majority of the day because when I tried to answer it, it would act like it was on hands-free.  Then when I tried to get it to speaker phone, I couldn't hear anything.  It was extremely annoying.  I can check voicemail and get text messages, but nothing else.  It was working fine this morning and then started screwing up again.  I guess I better go to Sprint soon.  That will take up my entire morning.  I hate it when my phone doesn't work.  I am ready to get a new one.  Maybe I will switch to a totally different phone and company.  We will see.  

I am off to check on my soup.  

1 comment:

megan said...

Yum, your dinner sounds good! I hope it turns out well. I can't believe your painters already finished!! That seems so freaking fast. I bet it looks great. It's amazing what some paint will do.

Hope you got a new phone with no probs. Now use it to call me. :) ha ha.