Thursday, August 21, 2008

I can't believe how fast

This is the first time in a long time that I feel like the day has flown by.  Samuel took a two hour nap this afternoon and I didn't waste a second of that time.  When I went in to get Samuel from his nap, I watched him roll from one end of the crib to the other.  I am still amazed at how fast he is changing.  Yesterday he lifted his arms up for me to pick him up.  We are also working on waving bye-bye.  He is very close.  He sort of waved to the lady at Ace Hardware yesterday when we were leaving.  I was obviously overly excited and the lady looked at me like I was crazy.  Oh well, I'm used to getting crazy looks.  

Dave and I are having a garage sale on Saturday.  If anyone wants to bring stuff over, you can (or you could just come over and hang out, that is okay too).  I have so much stuff to organize to get ready for it, but I am determined.  I didn't do anything for the garage sale while Samuel was sleeping, so I am going to have to work on all of that tonight.

I did however make the yummiest macaroni and cheese ever.  We have so much freakin' cheese left over from my party, so I decided to make homemade macaroni and cheese.  I haven't made it in sooo long, but we need to get rid of this cheese.  I started to make the sauce, but I didn't have enough milk, so I used a little soy milk and a shit load of different kinds of cheese.  I wanted to get it ready this afternoon so I could just throw it in the oven tonight for dinner.  Of course I had to taste the sauce to make sure it was flavorful enough and OH MY GOODNESS I could have drank the sauce it was so good.   It probably has an enormous amount of fat and calories, but I don't care.  I did use organic 100% whole wheat pasta to balance it out.  Hopefully it will be just as tasty tonight when I pop it in the oven.  I am going to make a huge salad too so we don't feel too bad eating the macaroni and cheese.

If I don't post tomorrow it is because I am in a food coma.  

No comments: