Thursday, August 28, 2008

The beginning of food

Yesterday Samuel had sweet potatoes for the first time.  He LOVED them.  I figured since he is going to be 6 months in about a week and a half, he is okay to start slowly adding in some veggies and fruits.  We are going to do sweet potatoes for a week, then bananas, then avocados.  I don't want to do more then one food a week, just so I can make sure he doesn't have a reaction.  I plan on making all his baby food, because it really isn't difficult at all.  Yesterday, I made some baby food and froze it.  I made corn and cauliflower.  They can stay frozen for about 6 weeks, so eventually we will get to those.  I want to do as many veggies as possible and then slowly add in fruit.  We will see how it goes.  He just seems so hungry, so I figured I know him best and it is time.  

For those of you that read my blog, but don't really know who I am talking about when I talk about the grandparents, I thought I would post some pictures.  

This is Savta and Papa:

This is Oma and Opa:

One of these days we will get some pictures where Samuel is actually looking at the camera.  

FYI: Pottery Barn Kids and Crate and Barrel are having amazing sales online.  I just bought a new hooded towel for Samuel for $14.99.  What a bargain.  

No comments: