Friday, February 1, 2008

Snow Day

We got 8 inches of snow last night. 8 inches sounds like a lot, but it doesn't really look like a lot. Because of the snow fall pretty much everything was cancelled. Most of the schools were cancelled. I went to lunch with a friend and the roads were great. They were all cleared off and there was very little traffic. It was a great day to get out. It isn't even that cold. I ran three errands in less then an hour because there was so little traffic. My only problem was backing into our garage. I got stuck and had to pull in forward. I like to back into our garage because it is much easier to pull out, but I couldn't really manuver the car with all the snow in the driveway. Oh well.

I think I posted this earlier this week, but this past Tuesday was our last birthing class. Now we are all on our own. It is exciting and scary all at the same time. Anyway, I got an email this morning from Andrea (and Mark her husband). They were the other couple in our birthing class. Her water broke this morning at 2:45 a.m. and she could be having her baby anytime now. Talk about cutting it close with the birthing classes. I am really anxious to see how her labor went. Obviously we both want to do it naturally (no medication) and she was planning on using the aqua doula (which is a big tub, that you can labor in). We are planning to use one as well, so I can't wait to here how things go.

I want junk food so badly. I really only want cake, brownies and cookies. I bought a big brownie at the store because I was going to give it to my brother's office, but he is sick, so I was planning on keeping it for the Super Bowl. I couldn't stand it, I ate some of it and now I don't want to stop. I put it away in the pantry on a high shelf, so I wouldn't stare at it anymore. I just want lots of sweets. I have to control myself.

I think I am going to read now. Have a nice weekend everyone.

No comments: