Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Car and Baby Room

Okay, I said I would post some pictures, so the first ones are of the new car. When I get some better ones (like when the car is outside) I will post those, but it is really cold here and I didn't feel like pulling the car out and taking pictures. So here you go.






I also took some pictures of the baby room, but for reason the pictures are not loading up. I will have to try later.

So today was pretty exciting. I went to my therapist and she hypnotized me. Yep, I did it. I didn't really feel like I was hypnotized. I heard her voice the whole time, I could feel my body and I could hear noises outside, but I was so relaxed I couldn't do anything. The purpose of being hypnotized for me was to practice full relaxation in order to prepare for natural child birth. I don't think I have ever been so relaxed. When I got acupuncture I also felt a similar relaxation, but this was much more intense. (By the way, I love love love acupuncture and would suggest that anyone get it done. If you live in St. Louis you should go to my acupuncturist, Christine Kleinschmidt at Well Body: Acupuncture and Chiropractic Clinic, the website is www.wellbodyclinic.org). Anyway, my therapist wanted me to try to focus on a nice, warm, comfortable place and focus on the details. I could never picture a place, I just kept picturing a really beautiful deep purple color. The more relaxed I got the more intense the color became. It was really the most beautiful color. I wonder what the color purple means. Anyway, I was sitting in a chair in her office and I literally felt like I had melted into the chair. The chair is not that comfortable, but it became super soft and molded to my body. It was an amazing feeling. When I came out of the hypnosis, I talked to my doctor about not being about to see a specific place and only seeing a color. She said that it isn't uncommon for people to see colors instead of a destination. She said when your brain relaxes it naturally finds something relaxing to focus on.

I am going to do it again next week. I love trying out those kinds of things. I really didn't think I could be hypnotized and I had no idea what it would feel like, but it was a new experience.

No comments: