Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Day!

I have been waiting for this day to come and hoping that I would not go into labor today. The day has just begun and there are many more hours, so you never know. Last night for some reason, I was really not feeling well. Dave and I were not hungry at all, so we barely ate anything for dinner. We split a very small salad and had a few other snacks, but that was it. My contractions started to get much stronger and at one point they were 6 minutes apart (but only for about a 30 minute period of time). They were pretty strong though all night until about 3 am. At around 2 am I went downstairs to sleep on the couch because I couldn't get comfortable. My back was killing me and it didn't matter what position I laid in, I was hurting.

Once I got on the couch, I finally feel asleep, but was still waking up every hour to go to the bathroom. It was just one of those miserable nights.

So if a change in a dogs behavior is any indication that the baby might be coming then I would have to make a guess that the baby is coming soon. George has been terrible this week. She follows me everywhere. If I am reading on the couch, she stares at me and starts barking. Today she had two barking fits and wouldn't stop until I pet her for an extended period of time. I went upstairs to take the sheets off the bed and she followed me all around the bed, ran up to me and licked me in the face (she is not a licker, so that was new), and now I am down in the basement and she has to sit right next to me.

I have decided that if for some reason I go into labor today it is not the end of the world. I don't think it is going to happen, but everything is so unpredictable. I will let you all know when something happens.

No comments: