Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

This is my least favorite holiday. I don't know why, but I just never really enjoyed Valentine's Day. But, this is our last Valentine's Day as a couple with no kids around, so I am making a really nice dinner.

The menu:

Wheat Bread with a Spinach Feta Cheese topping (baked)
Butter Lettuce Salad with parmesan cheese, mandarin oranges and sunflower seeds with a poppy-seed dressing
For Dave: Stuffed Veal Chop with pancetta, spinach and gorgonzola cheese, topped with a red wine sauce
For Sarah: Stuffed Bison Rib Eye with spinach and feta cheese and topped with a red wine sauce
Dirty Risotto with spicy italian sausage
Red Velvet Cupcakes (for me) and Turtle Cheesecake (for Dave)

I hope it all turns out okay. The cupcakes are done, they just need to be frosted. I think I will run a few errands and then start preparing some of the food, so I don't have to rush at the end.

I have been getting 4 hours of consecutive sleep at night, then 3 hours of terrible kicks from the baby and pains in my pelvis. The 4 hours of sleep are amazing and that gets me through the day. I never thought I would be happy to have 4 hours of sleep. I guess this is natures way of getting us ready for the baby.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you and Dave a wonderful Valentine's Day. Also, I'll be over to taste your great sounding food.