Thursday, February 7, 2008

I'm Bored

I know I should be enjoying the time that I have at home and relaxing before the baby comes, but I have to admit, I am kind of bored. I think it mostly has to do with the fact that I am so tired, so I don't have much energy to do anything. I was busy today, but I still managed to find time to be bored.

I got up this morning and went to the gym. I only exercised for about 40 minutes because I have no stamina. At least I got out in the morning! Then, I showered of course.

I went to kinko's because they screwed up on my business cards (by the way, I started my own LLC, so when I decide to pick up some more law work after the baby comes, I have my own business). Anyway, I just noticed that there was a typo on my cards so I took it back to the store and they are going to fix it, free of charge. Thank goodness. I almost feel like when someone sees that I am pregnant, they really don't want to mess with me. (Could be the hormonal thing, they don't want to take any chances). The manager didn't even try to argue with me, he just said he would print me knew ones and have them done no later than Monday.

On a side note, I think that the one thing I am going to miss about being pregnant is that people are really much nicer to me and always offer me a seat or help with the groceries, whatever. When the baby comes it will be all about the baby and not so much about me anymore. Too bad.

Okay, so then after kinko's I went to Borders. They have the greatest cards and I needed to get a few. So I spent about 30 minutes there looking at cards. Then I met a couple of girlfriends for lunch around noon. We hung out until about 1:15 or so.

Then I finally went and bought a couple of nursing bras.

Since I have been pregnant I have gone to actual bra shops, where they are supposed to provide you with the best fitting bras. I have found these experiences to be very strange. I am not super comfortable taking my shirt, including my bra off in front of a stranger. I don't mind friends or family, that isn't a big deal, but strangers, I kind of mind. Anyway, the lady asked if she could help me get into the nursing bra. My thoughts were (1) I have been wearing a bra for about 18 years now, I think I know how to put a bra on, and (2) are you kidding me? I am huge and pregnant and the last thing I want is for a stranger to see my gigantic size E cup boobs (oh yes, I said E) and my HUGE stomach. But, what the heck are you supposed to say? So I was like, "okay, you can help me". So she helped me in and out of the bras. Again, I could have done it myself, but I guess that is her job. The best part about the help was that the lady asked me if my boobs have grown much since I have been pregnant. I told her I used to be a small C cup and now I am an E. Yum, yeah my boobs have grown a ton. Her response was "holy cow, really?! They grew a lot." No shit. I don't have anywhere near the same body as I did before I got pregnant, you want to rub it in more!

The other bra shop I have gone to has also been interesting. I have had to deal with the same sales lady every time I go. She has to tell me how she really wanted kids, but never could have any (okay what am I supposed to say when I am half naked with a huge tummy). I feel bad for her, I really do, but what?! Anyway, after she tells me that, then she proceeds to bring me in bras, she thinks are nice and then shows me her bra EVERY SINGLE TIME. like she lifts up her shirt and shows me her boobs (in the bra). Look lady, I know what bra you wear, I have now seen it about 4 or 5 times and I really don't care. If you can't tell, I don't really like these bra shops and I am sick of bra shopping. I think I am done for now.

Okay, so back to my day. After the bra buying, then I went to Dierbergs and bought a ton more fruit to make a fruit salad. I have been eating fruit non-stop. We already ate a whole this week and now we are on our second. Fruit is sooo good.

After the grocery store, I went home, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, and finally sat down. By this time it was about 2:30 or 3:00. Then I got bored. I was so tired, but I hate just sitting around. I am almost done with my fourth book since I have been off work. I am actually getting bored of reading too. Help me!!!!

Next week goal: Enjoy not having anything to do. I will really try to do that.

4 comments:

Charisa said...

There's still a handful of people that are nice when you have babies too! When you're lugging groceries and a heavy baby around in the awkward pumpkin seat, people will still hold doors and etc.

The bra shop stories are hilarious! Thanks for sharing! How strange that lady always shows you her bra! I don't think I could keep a straight face!

Hope today isn't as boring for you!

Sarah said...

That is good to know that people are still nice. I kind of enjoy the attention. The lady that shows me her bra also only brings me the same bra she is wearing to try on. Very strange.

Anonymous said...

Take a chill pill and enjoy not having to get up and go to work every morning. In a month you're not going to be bored anymore.

Charisa said...

I wonder if it's only you she shows her bra to. Get one of your friends to go in without you and see what happens. A little experiment. Now you have something to work on - no more boredom!