Thursday, January 31, 2008

More Pregnancy Stuff

Last night was a very interesting night. I am having some serious pressure and pain in my pelvis. I kept waking up all last night because I was being kicked in my ribs and hip bones. I went to the doctor on Tuesday. I was convinced I had a urinary tract infection, bladder infection or a yeast infection. I know, like you guys wanted to hear about that. When I went in for the exam, they tested everything and I was fine. No issues, but I told the doctor was I having a lot of pressure and that is why I thought it was some type of infection.

She did a pelvic exam and said the baby's head is right in my pelvis. She could feel the head when she did the exam and she said that when she pushed up on it, it didn't move, which means it is pretty much going to stay where it is. This is all very good, but a little painful. I am not dilated at all, which is also good because I need to keep this baby in for at least 3 more weeks, then I will be ready to go.

Last week, I started to have some Braxton-Hicks contractions. They aren't painful, but my stomach just gets really tight. I guess this is a good sign too, that my body is getting itself ready. I am starting to get nervous about the whole process. I can't believe that a baby is going to come out of me.

Dave and I are considering using cotton diapers. There is a company in St. Louis called Cotton Babies . Anyway, cotton diapers are not the same as they used to be, they are much more advanced. I think we are going to go this weekend and check out the place. Anyone else use cotton diapers? Likes? Dislikes? Please let me know.

On a side note, Dave was extremely impressed with the amount of wine that everyone consumed over the weekend. He said it came to about a bottle at least per day per person. I wish I had been able to consume it as well. I am so excited to have a nice glass of wine or a glass of champagne! Yum, Yum! Anyway, that is why I love all my friends and family. You all know how to drink, relax and have a great time together. Did I tell you before how much I miss everyone, because I do!

I need to figure out what I am going to eat for lunch today. I am really hungry today. Have a great one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to point out (in mine and Christine's defense, as I suspect we might have been the primary offenders) that you were all but pouring the wine down our throats! :) If our glass was empty for more than oh, 5 seconds, there you were, asking us if we wanted more. I mean, I suppose we could have said "no," but come on, when do we do that? :) And are you factoring in the wine from the shower? Because there were a LOT of people there.

I don't sound the slightest bit defensive, do I? :P

Glad to hear the doctor said everything looks good!!!

-Megan

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the wine and the company. It's always a good way to relax and let go. I can't wait to toast with you after the baby is here. Thanks for a wonderful weekend. It was so great to see you and your big tummy. I love you.

Anonymous said...

I guess you are right about the forcing of your wine consumption. I was just living vicariously through you guys because I want some so badly. I would have been drinking right along with you, if I could. You guys were the best!