Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Boring and Cranky

I haven't been too active lately. I have been really tired and worn out, but I am not able to nap again. I think I have gone a week or two now without napping. I just can't get comfortable enough to nap, plus I am trying to continue to organize the house, so napping cuts into my organizing time.

Yesterday Dave and I saw the new National Treasure movie. It was very entertaining. I liked the first one better, but this one wasn't bad. We aren't going to have too many opportunities to go out to movies after the baby comes.

On the pregnancy hormonal front: I have noticed that I have started to become increasingly more cranky and bitchy. I get these overwhelming urges to just start yelling. Yesterday I had a little bit of a blow up and it lasted about 2 minutes. They are short lived blow ups, but they make me feel so much better. I am not used to not having control over things and being pregnant with this baby has made me have a different perspective on a lot of things. I haven't been able to control anything related to this pregnancy other than the food I put in my mouth and the amount of exercising I do. But the quality of my exercising, my physical being, my aches and pains, my sleeping patterns are completely out of my control. I have finally become comfortable with the fact that I can't control when I am going to have the baby or what is going to happen during my labor (see I have made some progress). All of these things are somewhat frightening because I am used to controlling everything possible.

Back to my blow ups. Dave finds these 2 minutes of my complete out of controlness to be so hilarious. He just laughs at me. Now mind you, these aren't just me yelling, I am normally clenching my fists, stomping my feet, getting red in the face and who knows what else I am doing. To me I feel like I am really getting my point across and I guess to Dave this is very entertaining. When he laughs at me, I realize how stupid I must be looking but I really don't care because I am SERIOUSLY feeling like someone or something has done the worst thing possible and I just want to yell about it. So when he is laughing at me, then I start laugh, which makes me even more mad, but doesn't get me anywhere. By the time I have screamed about whatever it is, then I feel much better and we move on. I know I overreact sometimes, but can't I have a meltdown!

Please everyone beware, you might just witness one of these meltdowns too. Don't take it personally, I really just think my hormones have hit a new level.

Oh another newer thing. The baby is now getting hiccups regularly. I really don't know why anyone thinks this is exciting or cool. IT IS COMPLETELY ANNOYING. Not only do I have a foot lodged in my right rib, but now my body pulsates continuously because the baby has hiccups. Nothing helps either. I drink water, eat some food, lay on my side, sit on the exercise ball, but nothing works. It normally last for about 5-10 minutes, goes away and then comes back about an hour or so later. I love it!

Maybe I will start to like being pregnant soon. I only have about 5-6 weeks left. I am going to try very hard to have a positive attitude.

2 comments:

Charisa said...

Smile, things could be worse! You could still be at work, or on bed rest, or having to chase other kids around the house while you're feeling this way! Be thankful that you have this time to yourself!

As for the hiccups, I found nothing to make the baby stop. Vance always had them and as annoying as they are, you get used to them.

Hope you're having a good day!

Anonymous said...

boy, not having the control you want, even if only for a while can really wear on one...at least you don't have to deal with you know who at work, that would really be a bite !
looking forward to the shower on saturday..oma