Sunday, February 21, 2010

Two Weeks Old

Today Joseph is two weeks old. I can't believe that two weeks have already gone by. I am still somewhat in shock that I actually had a baby. So far he seems to be pretty calm. He doesn't cry that often. I think he has been having stomach issues because he will cry and scream and then he makes a big poopy diaper. We are going to the doctor tomorrow for Joseph's two week check up.

I have been feeling pretty good. On Friday night my boobs started to hurt me pretty badly and I felt like I was getting a clogged milk duct in my left boob. Then by Saturday morning both of my boobs started hurting. Then last night I was in so much pain, I wanted to die. Joseph is a good eater, but he doesn't eat very much at a time. He was really only eating about 10 minutes on one boob and then a few minutes on the other. I never felt like he was emptying my boobs of the milk. I pumped about 3 times on Saturday to try to relieve my pain, but it didn't seem to help. By last night, my boobs were really really red and I was in so much pain. I think Joseph must have known something was up because he ate a ton last night and has continued to eat a ton today. I am still in pain, but it is starting to go away. I don't remember being in this much pain at one time with Samuel. I got lots of clogged milk ducts with Samuel, but it was always in one boob at a time. I just have so much milk and I really need Joseph to continue to eat a lot or I am going to continue to be in a lot of pain.

That is my only issue lately. Things have been going really well. I think it is because we have had so much help from our parents. I don't think I would have been able to survive the first two weeks if we didn't have our parents here.

This is our first week alone and hopefully things will go smoothly. I will let you all know.

Samuel is still doing really well with Joseph. He wants to hold him all the time. I got a picture of him yesterday and today holding Joseph:



Samuel loves hiding. He hides in the closets and now he loves to hide in the pantry. Here he is trying to run in the pantry and get away from us.


Here are a few pictures of Joseph today on his two week birthday:


2 comments:

Mom said...

I miss everyone already. My grandsons are so adorable.

megan said...

aw, the pictures are so cute!! Sorry to hear your boobs are causing so much freaking pain. I hope that Joseph keeps up with the big meals! Man, those 2 weeks have flown by. Thinking of you all!