Saturday, February 6, 2010

No Baby

Just wanted to give a quick update. I haven't had the baby yet. The past few days have been pretty overwhelming and I am not looking forward to the next few days either.

My mom leaves tomorrow to go back to Tulsa. My Grandpa's Rosary Service is on Monday and then the funeral is Tuesday. I am having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that I will not be going to the funeral. My grandma died almost 15 years and I felt such closer when I went to her funeral and now I am just having an empty feeling.

I am also super emotional about my mom leaving. At this point the possibility of me having the baby on Monday or Tuesday is even greater since it is so much closer to my due date. A Monday or Tuesday delivery would mean that my parents wouldn't be able to be here and it is pretty depressing. I am just really really sad. I woke up really early this morning and couldn't go back to bed. I think I am finally feeling the stress and emotions of pregnancy and the loss of my grandpa and it is really overwhelming at times.

We will see what the week brings.

Luckily though, Dave's mom is coming in town tomorrow night about two hours after my mom leaves. That relieves a lot of my stress. I feel so much better having one of the grandmother's here to help with Samuel and to just be here in case I go into labor. I hope they both know how grateful I am (and Dave too).

Okay, time to relax.


4 comments:

Charisa said...

I hate that you're going through all of this right now. It makes me sad that you're sad. I know it's not the same as family, but we're here if you guys need anything!

Sarah said...

You guys are like family to us too. Thanks so much for your support, we really appreciate it.

megan said...

i'm so sorry you're going through all of this!!! the timing is so awful. :( hopefully baby will hold out and wait until your parents can come back, so at least you won't have to worry about that part. i know there's no way to get you to tulsa though. :( maybe someone could videotape part of the service for you?

Charisa said...

I say put yourself on bed rest and better your chances for your parents being able to make it for the birth! Feet up, girl!