Thursday, February 4, 2010

Circle of Life

I am so sad this morning. Last night my grandfather (my dad's dad) had a massive heart attack and passed away at 9:52 pm. I am waking up this morning still in complete shock. My grandpa was 93 years old. Although he was old, he never really had any illnesses or sickness, his mind was super sharp and even at his age he barely forgot anything.

Dave and I talked to him about a week ago and he was looking forward to finding out if I was having a boy or a girl and looking forward to my yearly visit to Tulsa in June. He was always cracking jokes and the paramedics said he was telling jokes all the way from his assisted living home to the hospital.

My Dad was at the hospital when he passed.

It is so crazy how things happen. One life was taken from this world and another will be entering it soon.

8 comments:

Charisa said...

I'm so sorry. Your family will be in our thoughts. Take care of yourself today.

markandandrea said...

Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I'll be praying for you guys.

Maybe you can get out of the house today and do some walking. A change of scenery would be good.

Charity said...

So sorry to hear about your grandfather. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

megan said...

Oh Sarah, I am SO sorry to hear about your grandfather! That is so sad. I hope it makes this new baby just that much more special. :) love you guys!

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your grandfather. Sounds like he lived a good life and didn't have to suffer with any prolonged illnesses. Our thoughts are with you and your family.
-Steph

Sarah said...

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. I am just now starting to come to grips with the fact that he actually passed away. That was the last thing I ever expected. I feel a little helpless not being able to be in Tulsa with my Dad. I am having a hard time dealing with the fact that I might not be able to go to the funeral, but what can I do when I am about to deliver a baby.

I really appreciate all your thoughts. You all are wonderful.

Paula said...

I am so sorry to hear that your grandfather passed away. If I can do anything for your Dad from here let me know. Stay relaxed and try not to be too upset. He was not in pain in the end and your Dad got to be with him which was a gift in its own way.

I am waiting for some good news soon from you all soon!

With a big hug to you guys,

Paula

Flower Girl said...

Oh SARAH. I'm so sorry. I've been so out of the loop I didn't even read this post till just now. I'm thinking of you so much. love you.