Monday, February 22, 2010

Check up and hard goodbye

This morning went really well with me getting Samuel and Joseph ready for the day. I got up early around 6:30 to shower and get myself ready because I needed to run lots of errands today and take Joseph to his 2 week doctor appointment.

Samuel was not excited at all to go to Mother's Day Out. He kept saying no all morning long and then when we finally got in the car he cried the entire way (which is only 5 minutes). When I got him out of the car and gave him his back pack and lunch box (which he normally likes to hold), he said "no" and "back car". He wouldn't walk to his class like he normally does. He kept saying no and refused to walk. So I had to carry him, all of his school stuff (back pack, lunch sack and blanket) as well as Joseph in his pumpkin seat. Samuel screamed and cried the entire way in and then locked himself around my waist and neck. I had to pry him off of me. I felt terrible. He never cries or has a hard time going. I almost didn't want to leave him, but I knew that he would be fine within a few minutes after I left. It is 12:30 and I still haven't received a call from them, so I am sure he is doing fine.

After we left Samuel, Joseph and I headed to his doctor appointment.

Here are his stats:

Height: 21.25 in (69%)
Head Cir.: 36.5 cm (35%)
Weight: 8 lbs 12 oz (48%)

I was SHOCKED by his weight gain. A week ago he was only 6 lbs 14 oz. He gained almost 2 pounds in one week. I was thinking that he would maybe weigh 8 pounds. I guess my milk is really in and he is eating a ton.

I am going to try to get some things done around the house in the next few hours while Samuel is gone. So much to do and so little time.

4 comments:

Charisa said...

Almost 2 pounds - that is a lot! Way to go Joseph!

I've done those "hard goodbyes" too. It sucks, but hopefully they won't last too long.

Flower Girl said...

that is so heartbreaking. it's so hard to leave a crying baby. "who says they're going to come back... your mommy and daddy do... whoever takes care of you comes back because they do love you..." do you sing that song in music? i swear sometimes i'm singing it to make myself feel better about leaving anabelle when she's crying.
sounds like you're already doing it all girl! being the mama of 2 - carrying everybody, everything and doing errands too!! GO YOU.

megan said...

wow, go Joseph, go! :) I hope Samuel had fun at MDO once he got in there. I'm sure it was awful leaving him there. :( Hope you had a productive and not too stressful day!

kmlewkowsky said...

everything will normalize for samuel. the grandparents have been here, the bris, it will be ok. good for joseph. almost 2 lbs. that's not breastmilk--that's cream--aunt kay