Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happy Thursday

It is Thursday and I have survived so far this week all alone. It actually hasn't been bad at all. Samuel has been absolutely wonderful. He checks on Joseph when he is sleeping. He brings me diapers when I need to change Joseph and always comes and sits by me when I am feeding Joseph. He is really loving to me and not really having tantrums at all. I think he is worn out after having the grandparents here for two weeks. I was so grateful to have help the first two weeks because I really needed that time to try to adjust to having two kids, but I think this week alone has been wonderful for us too. (Plus, luckily Samuel had Taylor to play with yesterday and then Jonathan and Laura brought us over a wonderful dinner. It was so nice to have a break in the middle of the week).

I am feeling more confident in my abilities as a parent of two. Today the three of us ventured out for the first time to Samuel's music class. It was much easier then I thought it would be. Samuel doesn't really like to hold hands in parking lots, so I decided that I would change it up and asked him just to hold my finger. Somehow it has worked. He holds my finger the entire time until I tell him he can run off. As soon as we got into music class he was trying to show off Joseph to everyone. Throughout the class he would get up and go check on Joseph and rock his pumpkin seat. I really can't describe how happy it makes me feel to see Samuel loving and interacting with Joseph. I love it.

So I think Samuel had a fever because his top 2 year molars are coming in. He has been complaining that his teeth hurt. He says his ear hurts too. Have you ever heard of kids getting ear infections when they are teething or could ear infections hurt your teeth? He hasn't complained about his ear today, but if he does later, I may call the doctor just to check him out. Mostly he is just complaining that his teeth hurt.

So my hormones are going nuts. My face is so broken out it is disgusting. I look and feel terrible. I think the new sleep schedule doesn't help much either. I am still trying to adjust to waking up every two to three hours at night. Since Joseph was born, I have been feeling emotional, but nothing crazy. I have only cried one time but I still feel unstable like I could cry at any moment, it just isn't coming out. I have been surprised that I haven't been super moody or pissy. I have some moments where I get frustrated and irritated, but overall I think I am doing okay. I worked out today on the treadmill for the first time. I walked 15 minutes and ran for 5 minutes. I am going to slowly try to get back into running. My body is completely out of shape. My legs feel like huge tree trunks and my ass is so huge it almost hurts to run. I have lost 18 pounds since I had Joseph. I would love to lose 25 more pounds. I am just going to go slowly for the next month or so. I don't want to do too much too fast, but after my 6 week appointment with the doctor I am going to try to get back into a really good workout schedule. We will see how that goes.

I have about 15 minutes until Samuel may wake up, so I am going to jump in the shower.

1 comment:

megan said...

I cannot believe you already hit the treadmill! And ran too! That is crazy. I didn't know you were "allowed" to start that soon!

That is SO sweet how loving Samuel is with Joseph. I love hearing you talk about - it gives me the warm and fuzzies and they're not even my children. :)

I'm so glad you've had a nice week and are adjusting to being a mother of two so well!