Thursday, February 11, 2010

Short Video and Doctor Appointment

Here is a short video I took yesterday.

(I am trying to repost the video, see below).



Joseph had his first doctor's appointment today. He did really well. He loves being in the car, so it makes the car rides much more enjoyable. Samuel used to just scream his head off.

Joseph lost only 1 oz since he came home from the hospital. He weighs 6 pounds 15 oz. I can't believe how tiny he is. He didn't cry at all when they looked in his ears and shoved the stick down his throat to look. He is really so laid back (at least for now). I am really enjoying these past few days because he is just really really good. Not took much crying. I hope this continues.

Not only did we have to take Joseph to the doctor, but we took Samuel too. Last night he was coughing in the middle of the night and I thought he wasn't breathing so great, so I called the doctor and asked if I could bring Samuel in too. Turns out, he had a fever this morning and has croup. He is on meds for the next three days and then hopefully he will be better. He is super contagious right now and the doctor said that I needed to keep the boys apart as much as possible. This is really difficult because Samuel wants to be by Joseph all the time. We also have to make sure that we wash our hands constantly. We can't touch Joseph if we have had any contact with Samuel. Terrible timing for Samuel getting sick.

I am off to relax a little bit while Samuel is sleeping and Joseph is rocking in his swing.

4 comments:

megan said...

can't wait to watch the video when i get home. :)

Sorry to hear Samuel is sick! yikes! Hope Joseph doesn't get sick. That is so sweet how good Samuel is with him though.

Can't wait to hear more!

Charisa said...

that does stink that Samuel is sick. hope he's feeling better soon!

cute video! Joseph looks snug all swaddled up!

still can't believe he's finally here!

Nicki said...

Oh no! I am sorry to hear that Samuel is sick. Looks like you had a similar homecoming to us...with both boys sick. Hopefully Joseph will stay well and he will continue to be a good baby for you! Glad to see the pics...he is a cutie.

I could have sworn it was a girl....but I am happy that you have two good looking boys!

megan said...

hey, i cant see the video! :(