Friday, February 26, 2010

Road Trip

Today I had to get out of the house. I couldn't stand another minute just hanging around and I think Samuel was sick of it too. So I decided to load up everyone (including George) and head out for a road trip. I just wanted to drive around and I figured Samuel would like it and would enjoy watching a movie in the car also. We drove around for a little over an hour.

Now there is a big difference between Samuel and Joseph when it comes to car rides. Samuel could stand being in his car seat. He would scream and scream until we took him out. Now Joseph screams as soon as we put him in the car seat and he gets beat red. However, as soon as I start the car and start driving he passes out. It is so nice to have a baby that sleeps in the car and doesn't scream like crazy.

Now both boys are napping and I am trying to get lots of stuff done. I already cleaned all the dishes, made my grocery list, my to-do list, hung up most of my clothes in the closet and I am about to get my book and start reading. By the way, I am reading "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. It is so good. It is such an easy read and I got into it immediately. I have no idea how the book is going to end, which makes it a great fast read because I am wondering what is going to happen next. It is based in Jackson, Mississippi and it is written from the perspective of three women (one young white woman and two black maids (the help). All three women are very strong-willed and intelligent. They are each trying to change the racial lines and discriminatory views of the people around them. It is great so far and I have about a fourth of the book left to read.

Here are some pictures from the past few days:


Doesn't this picture just make you smile:



I left Joseph on the couch while I ran into the kitchen to get something to drink and I came back to this. Any opportunity Samuel has to snuggle with Joseph he does. Don't mind Samuel's outfit, he has decided this week to dress himself and he obviously isn't into matching.







4 comments:

Mom said...

Adorable pictures!! My grandsons are so CUTE and I can't wait to see them next week!

megan said...

OMG the pics are awesome!!!!! LOVE them. I can't wait to snuggle with those boys! I hope I don't freak them out. :) haha! glad you got a chance to get out and that the boys are napping together- nice break for mom! I'll have to check that book out - i always love whatever you love. :)

Sarah said...

Megan, the boys are going to love you! you can borrow the book when you come in town. I am almost finished with it.

Anonymous said...

Awe, your kiddies are adorable Sarah. You sound like you are doing very well with two.
-Steph