Thursday, December 10, 2009

The need to Nest

My phone is up and working now. I have input all the phone numbers that people have sent me and I think I am good. I just need to add all of our doctors information.

I am freezing cold. It is like zero degrees outside and I am so cold. I think the cold has contributed to my extreme irritableness (I guess that is a word). Last night I just got super cranky. I thought I was hungry, but it stayed with me all night and now that I am up this morning, I am feeling cranky again. I was cooking dinner last night and Samuel wanted an apple, so I was cutting it up for him and I don't know what he did, but it made me mad and I snapped at him. I don't usually yell at him or really even raise my voice, so he completely lost it crying. I felt really terrible and Dave gave me a look like I was out of line snapping at him, but I have to say I am having a hard time controlling my angry tendencies. I just want to be mean. My goal is to try to be calmer and relaxed.

So right now I am drinking a cup of really yummy hot chocolate and trying to relax before Samuel gets up. I already showered and I am dressed and I turned the heat way up in the house, so I could get warm.

Today Samuel and I (with Taylor and Andrea) are going to story time at the Magic House. We have to get out of our house and do something in this cold weather. Yesterday we stayed in most of the day because it was so windy and freezing.

Now that we are not moving, I am making lists of things we need to do around the house. This weekend is going to be super busy with organizing and cleaning out things. We are probably going to do a lot of shopping also. We need to head to Babies R Us for lots of stuff. I found some great crib sheets at Restoration Hardware Baby, but we are going to check a few more places before I just order those. I am getting so excited to start preparing for the baby. Lots to do.

Not only am I staying up awake at night because I am thinking about everything that needs to be done, but the baby is just so active at night. The last two nights have been okay, but it moves and kicks really hard at least three times in the middle of the night waking me up and causing me to run to the bathroom because it is sitting directly on my bladder. Overall this pregnancy has been pretty easy and I really hate to say this, but I have enjoyed being pregnant (okay, kill me now). Now I am just getting uncomfortable. I am trying to limit the amount of times that I pick up and hold Samuel. He is just really heavy and it puts pressure on my stomach and back.

Okay, this post is getting too long and boring, so I am going to go for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't you just hate it when you can't seem to get out of your own way? when i read your story about feeling cranky, that's what i thought of...not being able to get out of your own way...and i'm not even pregnant . I love you...give baby g2 a hug for me..oma

Anonymous said...

I think it's quite OK not to move at this time. There will be enough stress without trying to physically move. Make a list of little things to accomplish and when you cross off each thing after you do it, you'll feel like you've accomplished something and it might help you feel better.

opa