Monday, December 21, 2009

Early Christmas

We had a very busy weekend. Oma, Opa, Aunt Melissa and Jacob came in town for the weekend from Michigan. We were celebrating Christmas early so we could all be together.

The beginning of last week was super busy with Samuel being sick and then I baked up a storm. I made pumpkin pie, pecan pie, apple pie, vanilla and chocolate gooey butter cookies, pumpkin bread and fudge. That was all just for the weekend. We ate so much food and had our Christmas dinner on Friday night.

It was really amazing to see how excited Samuel got to open his gifts. We mostly took videos of him opening gifts, however I did get a few pictures. He almost couldn't contain himself he was so excited. It was like he couldn't open the gifts fast enough. He is just now rediscovering all the toys he actually got.

It was a very wonderful family weekend and although we didn't really leave the house much, it sure felt like we were super busy. The house is so quiet today with Samuel in Mother's Day Out and everyone gone. Kind of strange.

We finally got a really good picture of the three of us for our holiday cards, so I will be sending those out today (hopefully).

Also, on Saturday we decided to hit the mall and to see if we could get a picture of Samuel and Jacob with Santa. Based on Samuel's first reaction to Santa I wasn't really expecting him to cooperate. The line was pretty long at the mall, so Samuel was able to walk around and get a lot of looks at Santa before we actually went up to him. Once it was our turn to go up, Dave was holding onto Samuel and he started to freak out, but luckily Dave was patient and eased him from the stool, to the arm on the chair to Santa's lap. Once Samuel was on his lap I think he thought he was sitting on a big huge warm pillow, because he just leaned back and snuggled in. It was really cute. I got a few pictures from the side view, but the picture that they actually took with Santa was great. Maybe I will try to scan it and post it later. (Not really sure how to do that on my printer downstairs, so we will see).

The weekend ended nicely and now a whole new week has started. I can't believe it is the end of December already. I don't really have that much longer to go before this next baby comes. Today we are getting Samuel and the baby room painted. So far it looks great. On the 28th we get the baby furniture delivered. Once the room is set up I will post pictures. I can't wait.

Here are some pictures from the weekend:


Samuel opening up one of his gifts:



Dave being ridiculous:


I love this picture because it just makes me laugh:

Family photo time:


Last night of Hanukkah. I look like a fat cow in the picture, but whatever:

This is a cute picture of the three of us, but not the one we are using for our holiday card:


Another family picture:

Oma, Opa and the boys:

Side view of Samuel, Jacob and Santa:

1 comment:

megan said...

cute pics!!! glad you had a nice weekend with the fam. :)