Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Busy Sleepless Weekend

This past weekend we were really busy. Friday night we had Dave's work Christmas party. It was at Kemoll's downtown. The room had a great view of downtown St. Louis, but the actual room was super small for the amount of people. The food wasn't very tasty and overall I wasn't very impressed. However, they served Tiramisu for dessert. I normally hate Tiramisu because it is normally mushy and the texture is gross, but they served the best Tiramisu I have ever had. The lady fingers were still normal texture (spongy and firm) and the chocolate and whip cream toppings were light and delicious. That was the best part of the evening.

Then Saturday, we went shopping most of the day and got tons of baby stuff. We still have a few more bigger things to get, but we got the most important things, like the crib mattress and changing table mattress. I ended up finding bedding that wasn't at Restoration Hardware, even though I LOVE their stuff. I got a plush cream bedding set by American Baby. I think it will look great and it is very neutral.

Saturday evening Samuel started to really cough a lot. He was cranky all day and just never snapped out of his bad mood. He didn't sleep at all on Saturday night and then Sunday the coughing continued. My Dad was in town visiting with my brother and Laura, so we met them for brunch on Sunday. Samuel did fine then and it just went downhill. He coughed the entire time he was trying to take a nap and he really didn't sleep at all and then Sunday night he also didn't sleep.

I was to get a babysitter yesterday morning because I had a doctor's appointment and I didn't want to drag Samuel along. My OB appointment was in the morning. I have gained 28 pounds so far, which is great considering at this point in my pregnancy with Samuel I had gained 40 pounds (12 pound difference at this point). I asked the nurse practitioner for all my numbers because I am just curious. The baby was active and head down already. The heartbeat was in the 140s. The nurse practitioner thinks I am having a girl. She doesn't have any information about my ultrasound, but she is guessing girl. I am still completely unsure. I think we have settled on names for the baby. The boy name is still libel to change, if we hear something that changes our mind from what we picked.

So after my doctor's appointment yesterday, I took Samuel to the doctor. He has just a virus. He gets a lot of chest colds (which is what I got a lot of when I was a kid too). When he gets his chest colds he develops asthma. The doctor gave him a breathing treatment in his office, but it didn't work well at all. I had to fight Samuel for 10 minutes to keep the stupid mask on his face. He probably got a total of 3 minutes of stuff. It helped a little bit, but not enough for the doctor to feel convinced that he needed to prescribe him the medication and the breathing treatments. Since Samuel hasn't had a fever or anything, the doctor said to just let the virus run its course. Luckily Samuel slept all night last night and is still sleeping. He coughed a bit, but slept right through it. We all got a good night sleep last night.

We will probably be staying in today because the high is only 30 degrees. Burr.

Here are some pictures from the past few weekends (I have been bad at posting):


Samuel and Uncle Jonathan playing peek-a-boo and reading:


Samuel getting ready to go to the Woman's Place Christmas Party:

Trying to wear his dad's shoes:


His new thing is to put his hands in his pocket:

First night of Hanukkah, he was pretty excited about the candles and still gets really excited when we light them:



First Hanukkah gift, a vacuum cleaner. He LOVED it:



He vacuumed the upstairs and downstairs as soon as he got this:


No comments: