Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I got my new phone in the mail today. Tomorrow I have an appointment at Sprint to activate it and then I have to plug in all the phone numbers and I am set. Two days without a cell phone just sucks.

The weather here is disgusting. It is cold and wet. I wish it were snowing, at least it would look much prettier. It is just nasty out.

We took our house off the market. It is kind of depressing. We really wanted to be in a new house when this second baby came, but our house is fine. This weekend we are going to be doing some serious reorganization in the closet and basement before we get our storage POD back and have to empty it out. I am really excited about getting things ready for the baby though. I am not going to go all out with decorating the nursery and putting up wall decals because I don't anticipate staying in this house really that long. We will put it back on the market in the spring and I want to keep things really simple. We are going to paint the room and have Samuel's room repainted. I can't wait to do the little things.

I am feeling so tired lately. At night, the baby just doesn't stop moving. I was up from 12:30 to 3:30. Then I finally got in a comfortable position and fell back asleep until around 7:15 or so. This baby is just preparing for its arrival.

I have an issue and I need advice. Samuel has been peeing so much at night that he leaks through his diaper every single night. This morning his entire pj's were soaked and I had to throw him in the bath right away. We tired a bigger sized diaper, then we bought the overnight diapers, but he still leaks. Last night he was a peeing machine. He spent a good 15 to 20 minutes peeing on the potty and he wasn't just going a little. He barely drank anything before he went to bed and he was soaked this morning. Then right before I threw him in the bathtub, he peed a ton in his potty again. That was after sleeping for about 12 hours and not having any liquid. We don't really know what to do. He doesn't really drink much at night after dinner, it is like he stores his pee all day in order to let loose at night. Any suggestions?

I am off to try to finish Dave's stocking. It is the never ending stocking.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

Stockings are like quilts and stained glass and woodworking projects, but you'll feel much better about it when it's finished.

dad

Nicki said...

I don't have any advice to give you on the peeing through the diaper but I am definitely going to see what advice you get. We have the same problem with Brody. He doesn't soak through completely, but the the tops of his PJ pants and bottom of his shirt are always wet in the morning. It is a mystery to us as well.

Charisa said...

Sorry to hear about the house. At least you can relax now and get ready for the baby. It will all work out as it should! Being patient sucks, I'm learning to do it as well!

We had the same peeing issues with Vance. We wouldn't let him drink practically anything after dinner and he'd still wet thru. We did the night time diapers, but I think it was more or less just a stage with him and he grew out of it. I hear you, morning baths and changing sheets every morning gets old. Double sheeting makes it a little easier! (waterproof pad, sheet, waterproof pad, sheet - just rip off the top layer and you're ready for nap time!)

Paula said...

Hi Sarah,

I had that problem when Miles was little. I was using regular Huggies at the time and I changed to the Huggies Supreme and made sure his 'schmeckel' (your Mom's teminology) was pointing down and it seemed to remedy the problem. With Max, I have been using Pampers Cruiserscruiser from the beginning and recently bought the extra absorbent ones at Target and they seem to hold a lot of liquid (like 3 lb diapers in the morning with no leaks). I am sure that my luck will probably run out as he gets bigger and figures out he can undo his diaper.

You sure are a cute pregnant person!

Paula

Sarah said...

Thanks for the advice. I am willing to try anything at this point. It is so gross and smelly. I don't like Samuel smelling like pee. We will try reducing his liquid intake and pointing his schmeckel :) down. I have four different sheets, so I can at least get through a couple of days if I layer them. Annoying. Thanks for the advice.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah,

Same thing with Rowan, some nights are better than others, but it sucks to wake up, see wet sheets and know that is how the day is going to start. I try to limit the liquids after dinner, but it doesn't really seem to matter like everyone else said. I also layer sheets though so it does reduce some of the work like Charisa said.

I cannot believe you are getting so close to baby #2! So excited to hear what you have. Sorry about the house too...spring will bring you buyers!!
-Steph

megan said...

I'm sorry that you guys took the house off. :( It can be a really long and tedious process. I hope it goes better in the spring!!

Obviously no advice about the peeing, but that does suck! hope you figure somethign out!

markandandrea said...

Sorry to hear about the house too, but now you can really give in to your nesting urges.

I suggest a wool diaper cover or wool pants to solve the wet sheet problem. Wool is super absorbent and has antibacterial properties. I'll track down a few options online and send you an email.