Friday, November 13, 2009

TGIF

I am so happy it is Friday. I am so ready for the weekend. I am taking George to the kennel today for some playtime. This entire week she has barked at me non-stop all day long and I am getting so sick of it. We have taken her on a few walks this week and paid a lot of attention to her, but I think she needs to get out. At least I will have a little peace and quiet at home for a little bit.

I had another dream last night about the baby and this time we had a boy. Here is the problem. Dave and I can't decide on a boy's name at all. Last time we could only think of boys names and not a girl's name. This time we have our girl name picked out (but we aren't telling, so don't even ask). The boy name is really hard this time. The names I like, Dave doesn't like and the names he likes I don't really like. We have a few that are contenders, but we don't love them. Any suggestions on boys names? I go back in forth between liking traditional names and unique names.

Here are some pictures from the last couple of weeks. I have been really bad at downloading my pictures lately.

Samuel loves black olives. If he won't eat anything, we just have to pull out the black olives and he goes nuts. He likes to put them on his fingers and then eat them one by one.





My friend Andrea and her daughter Taylor and Samuel and I try to get together once a week to do something, anything to entertain the kids. A few weeks ago we thought it would be fun to decorate pumpkins. We forgot to take pictures while they were decorating, but they had a lot of fun. They both thought it was hilarious to put the pom-pom decorations on top of the pumpkin and let them fall off. The things kids find funny. Here are a few pictures of Samuel's finished product:




This week we were to a Dinosaur Exhibit at the Science Center. They are life size dinosaurs, that move and make noises. There is information about all the different eras when the dinosaurs lived and information about all the different kinds of dinosaurs. I found it very educational and super cool. Samuel is a little too young to appreciate the educational aspect of the exhibit, but he did really like looking at the dinosaurs. He is really into dinosaurs lately, so this was a perfect outing. He was really afraid of the tiny dinosaurs that were closer to his eye level. I thought he would be terrified of the T-Rex, but of all the dinosaurs he and Taylor were waving at that one. At one point Samuel just laid down on his belly and started up at the baby T-Rex. It was pretty funny. I tried to take some pictures, but the lighting wasn't the greatest and it was hard for me to get good ones.




Lastly, in the colder months I love wearing pashminas. I like really big ones that I can wrap around me a lot of times. Yesterday it was kind of cold out in the morning and we were about to head to Samuel's music class. I put on my pashminas and my jacket and got ready to go. Samuel went to the closet and started yanking on one of my pashminas. He started wrapping it around his head, so I fixed it for him. He refused to take it off. When we got in the car to go to music class, I tried to take it off and he wouldn't let me. He wore it into his class and then took it off when we got into the classroom. Then I thought he would have forgotten about it when we were leaving, but he insisted on putting it back on before we went outside. Not only did he wear the pashmina, but he had to bring his cell phone with him in the car, put on his sunglasses and he pretended to be talking on the phone the whole way to music class. He is my little boy. He just cracks me up. Here are some pictures of him:




4 comments:

Charisa said...

The olive fingers are hilarious!

We went through the same thing with Vaughn's name. When the nurse told us to start pushing I looked at Justin and told him we really needed to decide. Give it some time - the perfect name will come to you!

megan said...

OMG, I love the pashmina pictures and story!!! That is so funny. And the olives are so cute too!

I'm sure you guys will think of a great name. I like tons of boy names. For some reason I like the name Anderson. I heard it once (as some woman told her kid to stop doing something, lol) and it stuck with me. I also like Nate and Jake a lot too. A friend of mine named his son Thomas, that's always a good classic one. There's always Dave Jr. :)

Charity said...

Yes, love the olives!

Sarah said...

I do like the name Anderson. Have to keep looking through the baby name book.