Friday, November 6, 2009

Our 5th Anniversary

Today Dave and I are celebrating our 5th Anniversary. I really can't believe that 5 years have gone by already. I still remember my wedding day. Although I was completely stressed out and going nuts before the actual ceremony, once I walked down the aisle everything was bliss. I want another wedding. Maybe at some point we will renew our vows.

I don't normally like to be sappy and mushy but I feel so lucky to have married Dave. He is my best friend, an amazing husband and an even better father.

We are going out tonight for dinner and then we have a free evening. Hip Hip Hooray. Jonathan and Laura are going to watch Samuel and then he is going to spend the night over at their house. That is the best anniversary gift. Because Dave and I are so lame, we think we will probably just go to dinner and then come home. We don't have very many nights where we can relax at home without a crazy boy running around non-stop. We are so excited.


Here are a few pictures of us over the years (I would have added more but Samuel is up now):


Detroit vs. Cardinals World Series:
A wedding in Maine:

On our honeymoon:

8 comments:

megan said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe it has been 5 years! I remember it (and your chuppah meltdown, hehe)like it was yesterday. Such a fun celebration! You two are so wonderful together. Wishing you a fun day today and many more years of wedded bliss to come!

Charisa said...

You guys are so cute! Happy Anniversary!

Mom said...

Happy Anniversary! You are both so lucky to have found each other. Best wishes for a long and happy life together.

We love you. Mom & Dad

Charity said...

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your night-how nice of them to keep him overnight!!!!

Nicki said...

Happy Anniversary. Enjoy your child-free night! :)

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh, I could never forget the chuppah fiasco. I was going nuts. Thanks to you Megan, I made it threw that meltdown. You didn't know then that your calling was wedding coordinating!

Thanks for all the anniversary wishes. I am so ready to go out!

Flower Girl said...

happy anniversary sarah and dave! you are such a great and admirable couple. and wow- can't believe it's been 5 years since your wedding! pat and i remember your engagement weekend in chicago like it was yesterday too. so fun. i love being part of your lives and being there to celebrate with you! we'll come to your vow renewal any day. ;)
have a blast tonight. xoxo

Sylvia said...

Happy Anniversary Sarah! It's crazy how fast time goes by.