Monday, November 23, 2009

Holiday Goodness

On Saturday we went to Kansas City for an early Thanksgiving. The entire family in Kansas City, Tulsa and St. Louis were all there. I don't really remember the last time we were all together, so it was really nice. The food tasted so yummy and it started off my continuing food consumption early. I will try to post pictures later.

Samuel and I are now in Tulsa. We drove in yesterday and Samuel was a complete wild man all afternoon. I think he was sick of being stuck in the car for two days. We went on a walk yesterday evening and Samuel would not have anything to do with his stroller. So he ended up walking about a half of a mile. I finally had to wrestle him in his stroller because he wanted to keep walking, but he was so tired he was falling all over the place. The great part of him walking and running around is that was so exhausted by the evening. It is now 9 am and he is still asleep. I think another long walk is in the cards for this afternoon.

The best part about being in Tulsa right now is that George is not with us. I know it is really mean of me to say, but I am completely sick of her lately. For the past two weeks all she does every day is bark at me. She wakes up in the morning and starts barking. When I am eating breakfast, feeding Samuel, playing with Samuel, doing anything around the house and not petting her or paying attention she is barking. Not only is Samuel wearing me out, but so is George. I needed a break from her.

I am really excited about relaxing this week. I plan to eat lot of food, do some serious shopping, finish Dave's stocking and just relax.


2 comments:

megan said...

glad you made it in safely! it sounds like your celebrations are off to a great start. :) mmmm, i can't wait for thanksgiving food. :) :)

Flower Girl said...

oooo have fun and enjoy! how did you like new moon? just saw it...
tell your family hello and keep that little boy walking!! ;) and enjoy the break from george. ha