Sunday, November 8, 2009

Early Morning

It is Sunday morning at 6:30 am and I am already up. I feel great like I slept for a really long time, but I still can't believe I am up. I was having one of those morning where I just couldn't stay in bed.

We have another open house today and I just feel like cleaning up a little bit before everyone in the house starts to wake up. I just heard Samuel, so that isn't a good sign, I hope he decides not to wake up early this morning too.

Dave and I had a wonderful night on Friday. We ate at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. We ordered so much food it was disgusting. The food was really good, but I was really looking forward to a wonderful dessert. I have been starting to crave chocolate the last few weeks and I put off having any dessert until our anniversary dinner. I was SO disappointed in their dessert selections. There was NO chocolate cake option or anything similar to that. I don't like cheesecake, I rarely eat carrot cake unless I make it myself, bread pudding would have been too heavy and there was only chocolate moose as the chocolate option. Very disappointing. We ended up getting mixed berries with custard, which was yummy, but not at all what I was craving.

So after dinner we did go out for a little bit and we were home by 10:45. Pretty early night even though it felt super late. We slept in until about 7:45 (which felt very late) and did some things around the house before I picked Samuel up. It was absolutely so wonderful to have an evening off and at home without Samuel around. It felt like a whole weekend. Both Dave and I kept thinking it was Sunday yesterday because we were so relaxed.

Samuel had so much fun at his Aunt and Uncles. They fixed him dinner, played all night, made breakfast and then took him to the park. He was in such a good mood when I picked him up and he continued to be in a great mood all day. We raked leaves outside when we got home and he ran and played so much he was soaking in sweat. By noon he totally passed out in the car on our way home from lunch. Speaking of lunch, since I was craving dessert we went to Cheesecake Factory, so I could get a huge piece of their chocolate cake. We ate salads and then we took my dessert home. It took me all day to finish the entire piece of cake. I think I am done with cake though. It tasted great, but I think my craving was completely satisfied. Therefore no more cake for me.

I have to figure out what we are going to have for breakfast. Have a great Sunday. It is going to be beautiful here. In the high 70s, crazy for November.


5 comments:

markandandrea said...

Sounds like a great celebration! What will you guys be doing during the open house - just driving around again? You're always welcome to stop by here if you need a break. Good luck today!!

Charisa said...

Good luck! Beautiful weather to sell a house! Fingers crossed for you guys today!

Anonymous said...

glad you had a great friday night and saturday!good luck with the open house.oma and opa

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary (a little late). Your night out sounds great! What upscale steakhouse doesn't have those delicious molten chocolate cakes??? Good luck with the open house!
-Steph

megan said...

glad you got your cake fix!! :) sounds like a wonderful weekend!