Thursday, November 29, 2007

Stuffiness and Pregnancy

Did anyone else have allergy and stuffiness problems when they were pregnant? I am so sick of blowing my nose. I was sick several weeks ago and then the runny nose just won't go away. I am so sick of ichy eyes too. I can't take anything either. I tried Sudafed one time and that completely screwed me up, so I won't be doing that again. I would love to just cut my head off. I am sure Dave would love that as well, but for many other reasons (like talking too much for example).

What are some remedies?

I am 26 weeks tomorrow. Thank goodness. I felt the baby kick my ribs today, is was a very interesting experience. I am sure it will now happen much more often now. I have a doctor's appointment next week to check my sugar levels to see if I have gestational diabetes. I don't think I do. I feel perfectly fine. It could have somethign to do with the fact that I eat constantly. This week my appetite has picked up. I think I could eat non-stop all day. All I want is fruit and chocolate cupcakes.

Well, off to go eat another snack.

4 comments:

Charisa said...

i was always stuffed up with vance. at it's worst, i took sudafed during the day and benadryl at night. using a couple of pillows to prop me up helped at night too. basically sleeping sitting up became the only way i could get any sleep. one doctor suggested a hot shower while sucking on mentholated cough drops before bed. that seemed to only work for a few minutes after i got out of the shower. kleenex, halls, and vicks vapor rub became fixtures on my nightstand. have fun drinking the orange stuff. it's really not as bad as everyone says it tastes. just like drinking sugary, flat orange soda. we go for another doc. appt. today. another round of blood tests. yea.

Anonymous said...

fruit and chocolate cupcakes? dang girl. I guess at least the fruit is healthy.

Anonymous said...

I used Saline constantly. You should try getting a Neti Pot. Sounds weird but it is a small teapot that you fill with warm water and a small amount of salt. You pour the solution into one nostril and it pours out the other side (with lots of snot) and then switch sides. It does clean you out. Sounds gross and it is, but it works.

Sarah said...

Thank you guys for advice. I am miserable, so I hope something helps.