Saturday, November 3, 2007

Is it too early to be planning for Thanksgiving?

Well my sister in law and I created our whole menu this morning. We were thinking that it might be a little early to start planning, but what the heck. Dave and I are having 11 people so far at our house this Thanksgiving. I think it will be the third or fourth year of hosting. The attending will be: me and Dave, my brother (Jonathan) and sister in law (Laura), my parents, Dave's parents, Laura's parents and Laura's sister. It should be a packed house.

We are planning to have tons of food, but I always feel like we need more. The menu (so far): Turkey, Ham, Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Broccoli Cheese Casserole, Potato Casserole, Stuffing, Green Bean Casserole, maybe salad, maybe a fruit salad and I guess that is it. Anyone have any other suggestions? Of course we will have pies too and think we have 5 pies already bought, so I am not worried about dessert.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Family can all get together, have fun, eat a lot of food and then not worry about exchanging gifts or having to get dressed up. I love it. Plus this year will be special because it will be our last one without a baby. Forever our lives will be completely different, which we are of course looking forward to, but it will be nice to be able to eat my own food without having to worry about a baby (the kicking I am experiencing very frequently may be a little disturbing, but it won't stop me from chowing down on the food).

I will miss the wine drinking with dinner, since I won't be partaking in that. Hopefully, my family will drink for me!

Tomorrow I start pre-natal yoga. I will give an update about how that goes. It is from 12:00-2:30 on Sunday. Dave is happy about that because then he gets football watching time, without me bugging him.

Tomorrow after yoga I will write about a few organizations I am involved in, one being STAR Court. I am a volunteer Judge at a local elementary school in the Ferguson-Florissant School District. I love it. More on that later.

Back to the Michigan/Michigan State Football game. GO BLUE!!!!!

1 comment:

Charisa said...

The menu sounds great! How was yoga?