Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Domestic Violence

I was watching the today show this morning and they were interviewing Drew Peterson, the police officer that is a possible suspect in the disappearance of his current wife and a possible suspect in the death of his 3rd wife, that was previously ruled an accidental death.

When Matt was interviewing him his morning, I couldn't help but think that this man is an abuser if I have even seen one. He blamed the women for thier depression and unhappiness. He said that both women came from families that were abusive. He described both women as beautiful, but crazy with mental problem. The man made me sick. He blamed thier failing relationship on the women and didn't take resposbility for any of his behavior. He didn't address any of the accounts that he was abusive to the women. INterestingly, both women disappeared when they were planning to move forward with divorce proceedings.

What really upsets me, is that the issue of domestic violence is rarely talked about in the media or in our community. The only time it become a topic is when something like this happens. Men aren't held accountable for thier actions and women are continually isolated.

While I am out of work, my goal is to begin intereviewing victims of domestic violence and putting together an inspriational and educational book for victims of domestic violence and for the public in general to encourage discussion about this crime.

Watching that interview, just made me sick. Anyway, I am done with my bitching for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would just like to make the comment that there are quite a few men out there that are getting abused by there wives. You rarely if ever hear about those cases. Take yesterday for example, I ask my wife to kindly make love to me for the second time that day. She looks at me and says "F&*K OFF." Then she even has the audacity to punch me in the arm. This is the kind of stuff that men have been putting up with for ages.