Thursday, November 8, 2007

Food, Baby and Sick

Well I am still sick. I am trying to fight this cold off, but I am not doing a good job.

We had another doctor's appointment yesterday. Everything was great. The baby's heart rate is back up into the 160s. The last three times it was in the 140's. We have heard every prediction about what we are having based upon the heartbeat. But, it keeps changing every time we go in, so who knows. I had to get a flu shot yesterday. I never had one before. I was always a little nervous about getting injected with a virus, but the doctor said that it is recommended now for all pregnant women, so I am not going to argue. My arm doesn't hurt at all today. Hopefully I won't get any sicker then I am now. That would be horrible.

I wasn't able to write about our Anniversary evening, so I will do a little blurb now. Dave and I had agreed not to exchange gifts this year because we have been doing so much baby stuff. So, of course I follow through with our deal and I don't get him anything. But, then we are at dinner and Dave pulls out a small green box (our jewelery store has green boxes) and I was instantly angry (not really, because I love gifts, but mad because I didn't get him anything). Anyway, he gave me these beautiful Sapphire and diamond earrings. (For those of you that don't know, my wedding ring and band are sapphires and diamonds). They were beautiful. I will post a picture as soon as I download them off the camera. I love them. They were perfect. It was a wonderful surprise.

So onto the dinner. This was the first time we have eaten at Cyrano's (other then the dessert, which they are known for). I don't know if it was because I was coming down with a cold or what, but I did not think the food was that good. Everything was over seasoned. We got a marinara and goat cheese appetizer that had a ton of red pepper in it. It was okay. Then I got a grilled tuna with stir fry veggies. The veggies had way toooo much soy sauce, it was so full of salt I could barely eat it. Then Dave got two small dishes, a chicken dish and beef dish. The chicken was good and soft and flavored well, but the beef had way too much seasoning (Dave didn't think so) and was overcooked and chewy. So the main meal wasn't so great.

On the to DESSERTS. Now, if you want a good place to go for desserts go there. It was amazing. We got an apple crisp and caramel cherry bread pudding. I have never tasted a better bread pudding. It was like eating butter cake. It was so good. To die for! I highly recommend it. Yum Yum.

1 comment:

Charisa said...

Vance and I got our Flu shots today. My arm hurts!