Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving Ends

Well another Thanksgiving has passed. It was actually a very nice. I was worried with all the family, but it was surprisingly very enjoyable and relaxing. We had so much food, it was gluttonous. Thank goodness I took time off from Wednesday until Monday. Our house was a mess and we are finally almost done with all the dishes and dirtiness.

As you know, I posted earlier about the gooey butter cakes. We ordered the Maple Pecan and it wasn't very good. It might have something to do with the fact that I don't really like nuts in things, but it just didn't do it for me. We did have a apple cranberry pie, that was delicious. Hopefully we will have that again next year.

We took lots of family pictures, which I will post a little later. I have to figure out how to post the pictures.

I have to admit, I think my therapy is actually working. I got through the entire Thanksgiving festivities without blowing a gasket. I usually get so overwhelmed and irritated (not at any particular thing) that I just can't relax and enjoy having everyone around. I think it was different this year. I anticipated that I would be more emotional and uptight and crazy, due to the fact that I am pregnant (or because I am a complete control freak), but that wasn't the case. I didn't even get paranoid and upset with other people doing the dishes and cleaning my china and crystal! (By the way, one glass broke and I didn't even care.) In years past, I would have flipped out and required that I do everything for fear it wouldn't be perfect. Oh well. I realized that it isn't worth the stress. Thank goodness.

The one thing I am not looking forward it is going back to work to a hellish week. 4 and a half more weeks to go. (and yes the countdown has begun!)

Have a great Saturday night. We will be watching football. Not that I really care, but we have to see the MIZZOU v. KU game, since we live in Missouri and it is an important game. I guess if I have to pick someone to root for it will be MIZZOU. So GO TIGERS!

3 comments:

Charisa said...

So glad that everything went smoothly!

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

You sound so good!!! I know I'm speaking for two, but we had a very good time.

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

You sound so good!!! I know I'm speaking for two, but we had a very good time.