Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Poor Baby

Samuel had his shots yesterday.  He had 2 in each leg and had to have one orally (a liquid).  When he got the first shot, there was a delayed reaction and then he started screaming and didn't stop for about 30 minutes.  I felt bad that he was in pain, but realistically he won't remember any of this anyway.  He will just be reminded the next time he gets shots.  

So he weighted 13 pounds and 14.5 oz, so basically 14 pounds.  The doctor said he is a big boy, but he isn't super chubby.  I am surprised he doesn't have more rolls.  

The best part about yesterday was that Samuel cried so much in the evening and was so worn out from all the shots that he slept for 8 hours last night!  I heard him stirring and looked at the clock and it was 4:00 a.m. and we put him down around 8:30 last night.  I went in to check on him because he wasn't crying he was just making noises around 4.  He had moved himself in the corner of the crib and his face was next to the bumper.  I got a little worried that he might suffocate himself (even though I have no idea how long he had been in that position).  I asked Dave if he thought I should move him and he said yes.  So around 4:30 I tried to move him away from the side of the crib.  He obviously didn't stay asleep.  So I brought him into bed and I fed him and he feel back asleep.  

We have had a relaxing morning.  I am in desperate need of some coffee.  So I am off to make that.  

Have a great hump day!

No comments: