Saturday, March 22, 2008

Time Flies

I can't believe how quickly the days go by now. Before I know it it is 1 or 2 in the afternoon and I haven't even done anything.

Update on the rash...I went back to my OB-GYN on Thursday because I started to get a rash on my boobs. I know you all wanted to know that, but I couldn't stand it anymore and I didn't want to give anything to Samuel, so I called the doctor and they had me come in right away.

So, the rash I described on my stomach and hips actually has a name. It is called PUPPS. The doctor said that many women get this rash while they are pregnant (like at the very end of the pregnancy) and a few get it after they have had the baby. It is completely pregnancy related. Let me tell you, I feel horrible, but I can't imagine having this rash at the end of my pregnancy. It itches like crazy and it is disgusting looking. There is no medicine you can take for it, you just have to let it run its course. She suggested taking Aveno baths and putting anti-itching cream on the outbreak. She said it can last anywhere form 2 to 4 weeks and it can get really bad. She said that it will get much worse before it gets better. The rash part on my stomach is starting to go away, but the part on my legs and butt are still going strong. Hopefully, in the next few days it will get better. I have taken about 3 or 4 Aveno baths and that seems to help.

Now for the rash on my boobs. She said it is a contact rash, probably from the nursing bras I have been wearing. So, her suggestion was to go bra-less. It is a good thing I don't go many places right now and can go without a bra.

I think my body is in complete shock after giving birth and going through labor. I have never had skin issues and I can't remember ever getting a terrible rash before. I guess having a baby changes lots of things.

Thanks for all the advice about breast pumps. I will be getting the Medela Pump in Style in the next few weeks. I don't plan on pumping right away, but I want to have it just in case.

I wasn't planning on going back to work right away, but I got appointed by the Court as a Guardian ad Litem on a case and I don't want to pass it up, so I might be starting up a few cases soon. Hopefully I can get Samuel on a schedule and it will be easier for me to go to Court for a few hours and leave him with Dave. I don't feel comfortable leaving him with anyone right now. He is just too precious.

We finally went out and bought him some blue outfits this weekend. He looks so cute in his blue! Seriously, I will try to get motivated to post some updated pictures. I am too pooped to do it now.

But, I am posting a picture that my Dad took while he was in town. I love the picture, so I hope you guys enjoy it.

3 comments:

Charisa said...

So sorry to hear about the rash! The picture is adorable as are all the ones from Burns. Vance looked at the pictures with me and said, "I like Dave and Sarah's baby!" Just thought I'd pass that along!

Sarah said...

I am glad that Vance likes Samuel. They will be playmates soon!

Charisa said...

i've been meaning to ask how george is getting along with her little brother? any jealousy?