Sunday, March 16, 2008

All by ourselves

So all the family left this morning. Dave and I are now left alone with our new little baby. Pretty scary. I think I had the best 11 days ever, with my parents and Dave's parents in town to help out. It was such an easy transition from no baby to baby. Thank you Savta, Papa, Oma and Opa. This was really wonderful. I was so sad to have everyone leave.

So far Samuel has been wonderful today. He has only pooped in his pants twice since Oma left. He has been wide awake since 9 am this morning. Dave is holding him upstairs and he is probably asleep now.

I got on the scale this morning. I have lost 20 pounds since I had Samuel, but I am pretty far away from my normal weight before baby. I gained somewhere around 45-50 pounds while I was pregnant. Yes, I gained that much. It didn't really matter what I did. For the last month or so before my pregnancy I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes a day. I didn't have much of an appetite because there wasn't much room for my stomach, but I still managed to gain 1 to 2 pounds per week. I am still pretty swollen (my hands at least). I can't fit my rings on yet. I am trying to drink as much water as possible, but that is difficult to do lately. Hopefully I will just continue to slowly lose weight. I am not even going to worry about it. There are too many other things to think about.

I am very lucky that breast-feeding is going really well. I got a few blisters while I was in the hospital, but they are finally healed and now we are doing great. He is a very hungry boy and it eating like crazy. I will try to take a picture today or tomorrow and post it. His face is really filling out and he is looking more and more like Dave.

I am off to order pictures on Kodak. I need to start filling up my picture frames.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah
I love the pictures you sent. He is beautiful! I am also glad to hear that you are doing well and that breastfeeding is going well. I thought that was such a precious special time between me and my two babies.
Lots of love,
Jamie

Anonymous said...

Hi Glassers,

I just figured out this comment thing...too fun! I hope everything is still going well at the Glasser House. We're back in town and I'm always available if you need a hand, Sarah. I'll call you later this morning and see how things are going. Give my nephew a big kiss for me!

Love,
Laura