Friday, March 28, 2008

A Little Break

Today Dave decided to stay at home to help out with Samuel. I have been really tired this week and I really wanted a break, so being the wonderful husband he is, Dave is staying home. It was really nice last night because when Samuel started crying, Dave went and got him from the crib, changed his diaper and then brought him to me to feed. Then all I had to do was feed him, get him to go back to sleep, wrap him and put him in his crib or the bassinet. Overall it was a good night. Samuel is starting to sleep better and I am really trying to put him in his crib because I sleep better too. If he is in the room with us I hear every single noise he makes and it wakes me up. Being in his crib sometimes he will wake up, start crying and then fall back asleep. If he was in our room, I would normally pick him up instead of letting him cry. We are slowing trying to get used to everything.

I think the hardest thing for me is figuring out the right clothes to put Samuel in. Sometimes I feel like I put him in too many clothes and then too little. I have no idea if he is hot or cold. Lately I felt like he has been really really hot, so we took his temperature last night. We used a rectal thermomator and I would have thought it would be terrible to use, but it was really quick and he didn't seem to mind it. Anyway, his temp was 100 and I freaked out because I thought that was hot, so we called the Exchange line and they said that it was fine as long as it didn't get to 100.4. They told me to put him in less clothes and see how he felt. We put him in a short sleeve onesie and him temperature went down. There is just so much stuff to learn. We are slowly getting the hang of it.

My rash is almost gone thank goodness. I am hoping by tomorrow it will be completely gone and then I will start to get back on the treadmill.

I have to go, the baby is crying and my boobs are leaking, so I guess it must be feeding time.

1 comment:

Charisa said...

I think we all go through the clothes thing. The first night we had Vance at home he was so hot he sweated thru his pj's and even left a wet spot on his sheets. We thought for sure something was wrong. Then trying to take his temp, we realized the thermometer we had bought wasn't accurate on newborns. Justin had to run to Walgreen's in the middle of the night to buy a new one. (Our first of many middle-of-the-night trips!) Vance was always hot. He slept in kimono type t-shirts and just a diaper for a long time. It just takes time to figure out what they like! (This aspect alone has made it so hard to shop for Baby 2!)

So nice of Dave to take the day off! Glad to hear you got some much needed rest!