Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend and Samuel starting school

The weekend wasn't exactly what I had hoped and planned it to be.  Friday night Dave and I had made reservations for dinner at the Ritz because he had bought an online deal which expires in October and we wanted to use it before the baby came.  I hadn't been feeling great all day Friday and Dave ended up coming home an hour early from work.  I was just feeling like I might be getting a cold or something.

Anyway we were having nice family time snuggled in our bed watching a little bit of TV before Dave and I started to get ready.  Joseph jumped out of bed and then threw up twice.  This is very uncharacteristic of Joseph.  I think in his whole life he has only thrown up one or two other times and that was when he was eating rice cereal and ate too much too fast.  Anyway, I was hoping that it was just a freak throw up and that he would be fine (this was about 4:30 pm).  Dave took the boys to get smoothies and a little food for dinner.  Our babysitter came over around 5  and we decided to try to go out to dinner.  I told her to call me if Joseph threw up again and we could just come home.

At 5:45 I got a text message from her that Joseph threw up again.  We had just ordered some drinks at that point, so we got our check, cancelled our reservations for dinner and went home.  We got home at 6:15 and when we walked in our babysitter said Joseph had just thrown up again.  Needless to say, I was looking forward to a relaxing evening out, but instead took care of Joseph, who was absolutely miserable.  He continued to throw up until he fell asleep at around 8:30.  He threw up one other time at around 10:30 and then was fine all night (other then just waking up a few times).  When he woke up in the morning, he was acting perfectly fine.  He wasn't really hungry all day, but he acted fine.

Saturday morning, Dave golfed and got home around 1 pm, then all the boys watched a little Michigan football.  By Saturday night I was so exhausted from dealing with Joseph, getting no sleep Friday night and then having to deal with the kids all morning Saturday.

Sunday we ate at the Boathouse in Forrest Park and planned to go to the zoo, but there was a War Veterans Festival right next to the boathouse.  They had some pretty cool old war replicas (boats, guns, cannons, etc.)  We ended up staying there for about 45 minutes and then headed home.  The boys both fell asleep in the car and we got a little bit of a break in the afternoon.  That was when Dave started to not feel well.  By Monday, Dave was sick.  Joseph must have given him whatever he had.  Dave had a fever and was miserable all day.  We tried to keep the boys busy in the morning, then Dave laid down around 12:15 and slept all afternoon.  I took the boys to the park in the afternoon and then the weekend ended.

Not exactly the exciting and relaxing weekend I was planning.  The wonderful part about the weekend starting at Saturday evening was that the weather is absolutely amazing.  It has been in the 70s and actually chilly in the morning.  I am hoping the cooler weather will help with my swelling and uncomfortableness.

I am back to getting pretty much no sleep at night.  This baby is up pretty much all night.  Last night I thought it was going to kick its way out of my stomach.  It kicked so hard and I really felt its entire foot and leg.  It was pretty amazing.  I finally feel asleep at 3:30 and then was up at 6:30 (Joseph was nice and slept in 30 minutes).

I am increasingly more uncomfortable at night.  My back really hurts and like I said the baby is nuts at night.  I am 35 and a half weeks.  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow.  My contractions are getting significantly stronger.  When I lay in bed at night they are actually approaching the somewhat painful point.  It is all exciting and scary at the same time.  I always get freaked out about labor right before it actually happens.  The anticipation is so scary.  I can't believe we will have another baby soon.  I had a very vivid dream last night about the birth.  I dreamed that it was a very fast labor and we just made it to the hospital.  Somehow my mom and Dave's mom made it to the hospital for the birth.  I was standing up to move to the bed and then I just pushed the baby out.  I grabbed it and it was a boy.  I am telling you that if this baby comes out a girl I am going to completely freak out.  I am 100% convinced that it is a boy.  I will be shocked if a little girl comes out.

Lastly, it is Samuel's first day of pre-school for the year.  He is so excited and so am I.  He can't wait.  I will take a picture today when he is about to leave.  He goes in the afternoons and I have to drop him off at 12:45.

Time to start the day.

No comments: