Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Getting prepared

I haven't been sleeping at all the last few nights.  Last night I was so comfortable on all my pillows, but the baby was super super active.  It was kicking like crazy and the foot finally reached my ribs.  It was kicking and kicking way up in my rib cage and that freaks me out because I think there might be a possibility that it could crack a rib.  Samuel kicked super hard too when I was pregnant with him and now this baby I feel like is just as strong.  I finally fell asleep around 4 am and then Joseph was up at 6:15.  Needless to say, I am very tired today.

Joseph is off to school today, which will be a nice break.  Samuel has his pre-school open house this morning.  We get to meet his new teachers.  He is so excited and it makes me happy to know that he is really excited to start school again.  He told me today that he is ready to start counting in Spanish again.  He is also really mad that today I have to stay.  He wants me to drop him off and then pick him up later.  

Hopefully Samuel will take a nap this afternoon.  Joseph has started a new thing in the morning.  When he wakes up and goes out of his room, he runs to Samuel's room and yells "Samuel, wake up!"  I tired to get him to be quiet this morning (since I finally got him up around 6:30), but he was yelling for Samuel and therefore woke Samuel up.  It is really cute to see both boys in the morning together. They always give each other a really big hug and kiss.  Too bad it doesn't happen around 7 or 7:30 in the morning.  I am not asking for much.  I would love it if they slept in even later, but 7 would be great for me.

Yesterday I was so excited to make a roast in the crock pot.  We don't eat that much beef around here and I was looking forward to having a nice roast with potatoes and carrots.  I got everything ready in the morning and the house smelled so good all day.  Dave got home from work and took the beef out and started cutting it up.  There were a few pieces that had a good amount of fat in it, so we threw the two pieces to George for a little snack.  Within about two minutes George was puking all over the floor.

Dave and I looked at each other and we both had the same feeling.  We weren't about to eat that beef if it made George puke immediately after eating it.  We threw everything in the trash.  I was so grossed out it was hard to even have an appetite.  I made a quick dinner of spinach salad with tomatoes, garbanzo beans, almonds and fresh goat cheese and a grilled sandwich with Manchego cheese, tomatoes and provel cheese.  It ended up being a really good dinner, just not what I intended.

Today the goal is to relax and get more stuff done around the house.


No comments: