Friday, August 12, 2011

Busy Busy Week

This was one of the busiest weeks I have had in a long time.  This past weekend my parents were in town and they kept the boys very busy and worn out.  

On Monday I had a doctor's appointment.  I am 32 weeks today.  I am measuring one week ahead.  I feel like the baby is growing at a rapid speed.  I am feeling stretched out and tired.  The baby doesn't stop moving and kicking.  It is super wild.  I still think I am having a boy, but Dave thinks it is a girl.  Not much longer.  I am still have contractions.  I opted not to get examined this last time because I had very painful contractions after my last examination.  Probably at my next appointment they will check me out and see if I am dilated.  

We set up the crib and changing table in my office.  It fits perfectly.  I bought a new bumper and a few organizational baskets to go under the changing table.  I also bought a boy and girl newborn outfit.  I really want this baby to come home in a gender appropriate outfit since both Samuel and Joseph came home in just plain green and white.  

My birthday is on Monday and when my parents were here we had cake one night for dessert and then Samuel and my mom made a marble cake for me, which is my favorite.  The boys were so happy to have dessert two days in a row.  Here are some pictures:









On Tuesday I took the boys peach picking with my friend Andrea and her two daughters.  They had a lot of fun.  Joseph kept saying "Apples!!!!!", we finally convinced him they were peaches.  He has actually been eating them at home.  They have ripened up great and taste delicious.  I need to make a few peach recipes so I can use up the peaches before they go bad.  This was pretty much a full day trip and by the time we got home everyone was exhausted.

Here are some pictures from peach picking.










On Wednesday Joseph had his 18 month doctor's appointment.  He is such a little guy.  The doctor told me that she has a feeling Joseph is about to have a growth spurt because his percentages were so much lower then they have been.  I told her that I was sure it was about to happen because he is eating a ton of food and sleeping great.  Those are always two signs that he is about to grow.

Here are his percentages:

Height:  31.8 Inches (35%)
Weight: 25 lbs (36%)
Head Circum.: 19.50 Inches (90%)

I don't know why, but seeing how freaking big his head is always makes me laugh.  He is just a little guy with a huge head.  No wonder he hits his head on everything.  His tiny body can't keep up with his gigantic head.  Poor kid.  At least he doesn't look disproportional.

On Thursday Joseph had is unofficial/official start of school.  He only went for 2 hours, just so they could make sure that he wasn't completely freaked out when I drop him off on Monday.

He is going to start going to the Jewish Community Center/Early Childhood Center on Monday and Wednesday from 9am-3pm.  It is going to be a nice break for all of us.  The teachers said he did a great job the first day.  It took him about an hour or so to warm up to everyone.  Then they said he just started talking and repeating everything they said.  I always know he is comfortable when he starts talking.  That was a good sign for me.

While Joseph was at school, Samuel and I ran to Target and got all the school supplies we needed for both he and Joseph.  It was amazing how fast two hours went.  For the rest of August, Monday and Wednesday will be a day I get to spend with just Samuel.  It will be nice to have alone time with just Samuel before the baby comes.  Samuel starts school the beginning of September and only goes in the afternoons.

I feel crazy busy trying to get everything organized.  All the paperwork and immunization records, everything.  Luckily it is all done now and I can just try to relax.

Here is a picture of Joseph before I took him to school:


Thank goodness it is Friday.  I am exhausted.  We ran to the grocery store this morning and to Pottery Barn Kids.  Joseph has just now fallen asleep and Samuel is relaxing on the couch.  I am pooped and ready to have a nice relaxing weekend.

Hopefully next week will be a little less hectic.

1 comment:

Paula said...

I love that you let your kids get dirty while they eat. It drives me crazy when you see 5 year olds with bibs on. Life is too short for that.

The boys are just adorable and growing so fast! Post a belly pic soon so I can make my final prediction. ;0)