Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A little free time

Today will be my first day since both Samuel and Joseph started school that I will have a completely empty and free of commitment house for two hours.  I did not plan anything from 12:45 until 2:45 today.  Normally I have appointments or I plan to run errands while they are both gone, but today I decided that I am going to do whatever I feel like doing.  Maybe I will go for a walk and then take a bath or read a book. I have no idea, but I am pretty excited for complete quiet time.

Samuel and I are going to run errands this morning after I take Joseph to school and then I plan to take him to lunch, drop him off and have some freedom.

I am getting pretty tired lately.  I get worn out really quickly and by the end of the day I just don't function well.  The boys have been pretty good lately, making nighttime much easier to manage.  The baby is also slowing down in the middle of the night.  I am getting about 3 hours of sleep at a time without having to go pee or be kicked to death.  Last night before I went to bed I think the baby was practicing karate or something.  It was going nuts.  It finally calmed down around 10:30 and I was able to sleep until 1:30.  I felt so refreshed.

George seems to be feeling a little bit better.  She is still eating grass and isn't her normal spunky self, but I can tell she feels a little bit better.  Tomorrow I am taking her to the vet, so we will see what they say.

Last night I was home alone with the kids because Dave had to go to a baseball game for work.  We were relaxing on the couch and I told Samuel that I loved him.  I asked him if he knew how much I loved him.  He used to always say "sooo much" and hold his arms out wide.  Last night he looked at me rolled his eyes and gave a huge sigh.  My little boy is growing up and is already annoyed at me.  It was like I had a peak into the future.  I know I will be seeing a lot of that eye rolling and I know I will be getting looks like I am a complete idiot.  So many things to look forward to.

On another note, when I was reading a book to Joseph last night before I put him to bed he counted from 1 to 12 all by himself.  I knew he was pretty good at counting to ten, but I had no idea he could count to 12.  It was pretty exciting.  Then, before I put Samuel to bed we turned on his night light turtle that put stars on the ceiling and he started to count all the stars in Spanish from 1 to 12.  It was pretty cool.  Now that he is starting Spanish school again, he will randomly say things in Spanish.  I am slowly learning what everything means.  The other night he brought me half of his snack and just said "No mas".  It is really cool to hear him speaking and understanding another language at such a young age.

I am off to get the boys ready to leave.  Have a great Wednesday!

No comments: